Anybody here with Pi-Opinion

NFriday

While I was searching for something on the forum here a few days ago, I ran across a post about Pi-Opinion.  It got favorable comments here.  I decided to go to the website, and I decided to sign up with them.  I got my first survey tonight which I just completed for $.67.  Has anybody ever gotten any surveys from them for that little?  I thought their surveys started at around $5.  The survey probably only took me 15 minutes to complete, but they are only paying me $.67.  How do they pay you?  Do you get a check or Amazon GC or something else?

They sent me a survey to complete 2 days after I signed up with them.  I just hope they are not all only for $.67.  Several people here have mentioned that they only send out a few surveys a year, but most of their surveys pay at least $5, and a few pay $100.

Okay I was a member and I say WAS  because when I went to sign in they didn't have me on file.Been a long time since I have heard from them.And yes the pay was good .However I don't remember them being a Cint company.Went back in my records and I did 2 surveys for them last year.One on 7/1/17 (made 15.00)and the next one on 11/8/17 made $5.00). Guess I did more then 2 but only went back in my records so far back.So why they don't have me on record anymore is a mystery to me.Unless they sold out to Cint.Hmm so ya you can sign up for them do a couple of surveys ,and then not hear from them for awhile and then all of a sudden they drop you and you don't even know it.They did let me sign up again so I'm not sure what's up with that.I just wish I knew why they dropped me to begin with.

I made a post about them in April of last year

I haven't gotten any more surveys from them.  I just hope they pay more than $.67.  I am doing a market research panel tomorrow morning about Medicare part D that is going to pay me $150.  I am supposed to be there at 10:00, and so I better quit doing surveys tonight.

I received a survey from them this morning first one pay .38 for 3 minutes.And this popped up same one I received from My Soap Box.Not doing it.Give me a better survey or I move on and will not do their surveys.Not a good way to start off.Plus Pi opinion use to be about politics- I really believe they were bought out by Cint.Then they keep their web site ,a little deceitful if you ask me.

We care about your privacy

By sharing your personal data you will be able to get research opportunities targeted to your interests, help to improve products and services and earn rewards for participation

Agree to all
I agree to participate in surveys and other market research activities
I agree to the use of cookies for market research purposes
I agree to the collection and or sharing of my mobile advertising identifiers or other identifiers
I agree to the use of third-party cookies for market research purposes
I agree to share my profile information with third-parties for market research purpos

30 minutes ago, footfree said:

I received a survey from them this morning first one pay .38 for 3 minutes.And this popped up same one I received from My Soap Box.Not doing it.Give me a better survey or I move on and will not do their surveys.Not a good way to start off.Plus Pi opinion use to be about politics- I really believe they were bought out by Cint.Then they keep their web site ,a little deceitful if you ask me.

We care about your privacy

By sharing your personal data you will be able to get research opportunities targeted to your interests, help to improve products and services and earn rewards for participation

Agree to all

I agree to participate in surveys and other market research activities

I agree to the use of cookies for market research purposes

I agree to the collection and or sharing of my mobile advertising identifiers or other identifiers

I agree to the use of third-party cookies for market research purposes

I agree to share my profile information with third-parties for market research purpos

I think all of Cint surveys are now asking you to check that stuff I have had them on other sites and they were Cint never qualify anyway

I signed up with them before seeing this thread. I only signed up because they said their surveys started at $5. I received my first survey from them this morning and it was for .38 for 8 minutes.

What happened to surveys starting at $5? Isn't that FALSE advertising?

4 hours ago, peach6 said:

I think all of cint surveys are now asking you to check that stuff I have had them on other sites and they were cint never qualify anyway

I will not agree to that- if that is the route survey companies are wanting to take then they keep their surveys.I'm tired of them infringing on my privacy.Plus I really don't have anything to hide but I feel like if I give in just a little I could be opening myself up to a bunch of spam-unwanted phone calls- and lord knows what they will do with my info- no they can keep it and I will quit doing surveys.

4 hours ago, love1978 said:

I signed up with them before seeing this thread. I only signed up because they said their surveys started at $5. I received my first survey from them this morning and it was for .38 for 8 minutes.

4 hours ago, love1978 said:

Don't think it is advertising  in the technical term however it is deceitful.I have to agree with another person on this forum who said they need to be regulated-not that I am a big component of government being in are business, however this time I do think they need to set limits as to how far they can go into our personal business.

• Like 1

Since their website states that the starting pay for surveys is $5, then that is what they should pay. I wonder if anyone has called their attention to this? Not that it would do any good. But a decent company would honor what their website states. I am not doing any survey from them, but I am going to hang on to see if the pay increases, which I highly doubt.

When I did their surveys last year the pay was that- I mean the $15 one was a phone call.I'm not sure what can be done about it I think we would have to bring it to the attention of our Local  Congressman .I think if someone was to write in and make a compliant they may look in to it.I know sometimes they will do it for the publicity or would want to so they could actually make a change.I know Congressman  Lloyd Dogget   here where I live will defend people he thinks are being used.With all that is going on with Facebook this might peek their interest because I have heard them say lately how they really need to regulate this more.So as I write this I am not sure I would be the one to write in.However if someone here wanted to do so and have people sign it to give it more credence I would gladly sign.

This is on their web site

PI-Opinion is a small research firm working on behalf of non-profit organizations. Our research is not consumer-oriented, and all subjects remain anonymous. We never share identifying information with any third party. Most people find our work interesting, and it does benefit worthwhile causes!

We are continuously looking for people to sign up to participate in paid research studies into how Americans think about various public policy issues. Studies run from brief (10 minute) phone calls or internet surveys paying $5 to longer 45 minute interviews that pay $30-40. Occasionally there may be surveys that offer no compensation, and the notice will specify that. Usually, no specialized knowledge is needed.

So ya that is definitely a contradiction from the surveys they have been sending out. BIGGEST RED FLAG IS   

"We never share identifying information with any third party". UH THEN WHY IS THIS SURVEY ON YOUR SITE?

I just got two surveys from them.  One was an Ipsos study which paid $1.13.  I DQ on that one.  The other survey was a Cint survey that paid me $.63.  Still no $5 surveys.

15 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just got two surveys from them.  One was an Ipsos study which paid $1.13.  I DQ on that one.  The other survey was a cint survey that paid me $.63.  Still no $5 surveys.

I would venture to say they were bought out.I never received surveys from them like that.When I googled them this came up

We are not involved in marketing or selling anything to you. We only want your opinion. PI-Opinion is currently looking for average Americans to take online surveys. We are a small research firm working on behalf of non-profit organizations to find out how Americans think about issues of public interest

So this is in no way the PI opinion I use to do.