Product test issues with company

SunnySparkles

I have never had an experience like this and am at a loss and just wanted some advice from any one who has had a similar experience.

On March 17th I received a product to test in the mail from a previous survey ( I was pleasantly surprised because I recalled that only the first 50 respondents were going to get the product.) In reading over the paperwork it stated that we needed to take a survey prior to testing to give our general opinions as well as a survey to evaluate performance.  Though it turned out to be one survey that you could start and then come back to to finish.

I never got the survey so on March 21st,  I sent an e-mail to the contact person to ask if the survey had been sent out and to verify my e-mail address.  I got no response.

After waiting another week, I figured I would try contacting them once more before giving up and sent another e-mail on 3/29.  I got back a very curt one sentence response telling me to use the link included to take the survey.

Since I hadn't fully tested the product, as I was waiting for what I thought would be the initial survey, I clicked on the link and started the beginning of the survey as far as I could and then saved my responses so I could finish evaluating the product which I did two days later.  I then sent an e-mail on March 31st thanking them for the link, telling them the survey was completed and that I would be on the lookout for the promotional code we were promised for our time.

I did not receive a response or the promotional code.  I looked the company up on social media and sent a private message and didn't get a response that way either.

Why go to all the trouble to ship out a test product and then be so lackadaisical on the follow up?

• Confused 1

I hope it was a great product!  I can't ever remember not getting a follow up email or survey for a product.  I have been asked to return items so they could look them over.  So you didn't get paid for your time? 

12 hours ago, SunnySparkles said:

I have never had an experience like this and am at a loss and just wanted some advice from any one who has had a similar experience.

On March 17th I received a product to test in the mail from a previous survey ( I was pleasantly surprised because I recalled that only the first 50 respondents were going to get the product.) In reading over the paperwork it stated that we needed to take a survey prior to testing to give our general opinions as well as a survey to evaluate performance.  Though it turned out to be one survey that you could start and then come back to to finish.

I never got the survey so on March 21st,  I sent an e-mail to the contact person to ask if the survey had been sent out and to verify my e-mail address.  I got no response.

After waiting another week, I figured I would try contacting them once more before giving up and sent another e-mail on 3/29.  I got back a very curt one sentence response telling me to use the link included to take the survey.

Since I hadn't fully tested the product, as I was waiting for what I thought would be the initial survey, I clicked on the link and started the beginning of the survey as far as I could and then saved my responses so I could finish evaluating the product which I did two days later.  I then sent an e-mail on March 31st thanking them for the link, telling them the survey was completed and that I would be on the lookout for the promotional code we were promised for our time.

I did not receive a response or the promotional code.  I looked the company up on social media and sent a private message and didn't get a response that way either.

Why go to all the trouble to ship out a test product and then be so lackadaisical on the follow up?

Because this generation is very laid back and does not seem to be in a rush to do anything. Sorry but it's seems this way with them and most companies .

Hi- I forget which company it was , but three or four years ago I received a 90 load box of Tide powder, and they never sent me a survey asking me how I liked it, and no I did not get paid for it, but I did not have to buy any detergent for a year, and I usually just use Tide, and so it worked out ok.  I was supposed to do another survey about four years ago where they sent me a tube of Crest to try, and I never heard back from, them again either.

I have not gotten a product sample to test in at least two years.  I think the last one I got was for paper towels.  That one I did have to complete a survey, and I got maybe $5.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:18 AM, rosiesmom said:

I hope it was a great product!  I can't ever remember not getting a follow up email or survey for a product.  I have been asked to return items so they could look them over.  So you didn't get paid for your time? 

It was an okay product!  Nope didn't get paid and guessing that isn't going to change as no one will reply back to me either from original contact e-mail or their social media page.

On 4/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, NFriday said:

Hi- I forget which company it was , but three or four years ago I received a 90 load box of Tide powder, and they never sent me a survey asking me how I liked it, and no I did not get paid for it, but I did not have to buy any detergent for a year, and I usually just use Tide, and so it worked out ok.  I was supposed to do another survey about four years ago where they sent me a tube of Crest to try, and I never heard back from, them again either.

I have not gotten a product sample to test in at least two years.  I think the last one I got was for paper towels.  That one I did have to complete a survey, and I got maybe $5.

Thank you for sharing that, it is good to know that I am not the only one that this has happened to.  It's a first for me though, in all the years I have been doing surveys and doing in home product tests I have never not gotten the follow up or gotten paid once they have sent out the product.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:44 AM, footfree said:

Because this generation is very laid back and does not seem to be in a rush to do anything. Sorry but it's seems this way with them and most companies .

Apparently so!  I am just surprised at how badly this was handled; I really thought that there would have been some sort of reply apologizing for not getting the orginal survey and for having to reach out to them twice.  

I am just curious if the other 49 people had the same experience.

It's happened to me a handful of times where I didn't receive the follow-up survey, and it was always when I truly hated the product and had a lot to say about it so it ticked me off that I couldn't let them know lol.