I blew an elusive 20/20 focus group!

nj07208

In a nutshell here's what happened. I answered the online questions on a Thursday about some products. I had seen one before but never tried it. I'm in Walmart over the weekend and see it and say, "Oh I just saw that in a survey. I'm going to try it." 20/20 calls me on Tuesday. We go thru the screener and she's asking me if I ever had the products (I answer truthfully). At the end, she lets me know they may not be able to use me because I said yes to the product that I had just bought in Walmart! She said she would still submit me but I knew that was it. (The  focus group was today so I didn't get picked.) I was so mad at myself!  My advice: never buy a product for the first time if there's a possible focus group on the line! Lol

• Like 1

Too bad. You learned a hard lesson. Do you know how much that focus group would have paid? They generally pay very well. I did one through Focus Forward  a few weeks ago that paid 125.00 for two hours of my time. And it can be difficult to get picked for a focus group. I was trying for what seemed like forever to get picked for one of their focus groups and finally did it. And had to go through the screener to make sure I qualified.  

I've gotten a few market research studies from 20/20, but I am always DQ.  They don't usually pay as much.  Most of the surveys are less than $100, but I believe the great majority of them are done online.  I just got an email yesterday from another place about a study in Chicago that pays $250, but I haven't heard back from them.  It sounds like it is one of the mock jury ones, where you are there all day, and that is why they pay so much I did one of those maybe five years ago that paid $200 and I was there for 6 hours.  

2 hours ago, NFriday said:

I've gotten a few market research studies from 20/20, but I am always DQ.  They don't usually pay as much.  Most of the surveys are less than $100, but I believe the great majority of them are done online.  I just got an email yesterday from another place about a study in Chicago that pays $250, but I haven't heard back from them.  It sounds like it is one of the mock jury ones, where you are there all day, and that is why they pay so much I did one of those maybe five years ago that paid $200 and I was there for 6 hours.  

200 for 6 hours isnt bad -that's better pay then some jobs.I would do it.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:48 AM, mikedorb said:

Too bad. You learned a hard lesson. Do you know how much that focus group would have paid? They generally pay very well. I did one through Focus Forward  a few weeks ago that paid 125.00 for two hours of my time. And it can be difficult to get picked for a focus group. I was trying for what seemed like forever to get picked for one of their focus groups and finally did it. And had to go through the screener to make sure I qualified.  

It was $175 for 1:30 - 3:00.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:01 PM, NFriday said:

20/20 is in Miami which is local to me. They have quite a few that pay pretty well at least for the in-person ones. The one I missed out on was $175 for 90 minutes.

8 hours ago, nj07208 said:

It was $175 for 1:30 - 3:00.

They called me for a interview focus forward- left a message I called back 2 days later and they didn't call me back.I didn't recognize the number and let my phone answer it without realizing they had left a message.I want to kick myself for that.one.

However happy days Tammadge called me for a focus group 2 hours for $150.Only down side is I have to go downtown and be at their office at 5:00pm,well really they want you there 15 minutes early. Rush hour thru Austin can be a bear.But oh well worth it it's on News stations so I think it will be very, very interesting.

BTW- last time I went I won their lottery- they draw names of the people who show up on time- I won 20 or 25 something like that very cool.Plus if the focus group is done at their site office they usually feed you pizza and soda's.I really cant tell people enough how fun these can be and the money is good for the time.Highly recommend them.

18 hours ago, footfree said:

However happy days Tammadge called me for a focus group 2 hours for $150.Only down side is I have to go downtown and be at their office at 5:00pm,well really they want you there 15 minutes early. Rush hour thru Austin can be a bear.But oh well worth it it's on News stations so I think it will be very, very interesting.

BTW- last time I went I won their lottery- they draw names of the people who show up on time- I won 20 or 25 something like that very cool.Plus if the focus group is done at their site office they usually feed you pizza and soda's.I really cant tell people enough how fun these can be and the money is good for the time.Highly recommend them.

Wow, that sounds like fun. Even better to collect payment at the end!

18 hours ago, footfree said:

They called me for a interview focus forward- left a message I called back 2 days later and they didn't call me back.I didn't recognize the number and let my phone answer it without realizing they had left a message.I want to kick myself for that.one.

I missed the first call from 20/20 too. I get so many scam phone calls these days (where no one is ever there) that I stopped answering unknown phone numbers. I'm sure lots of people these days aren't answering the first time because of that. Sorry you missed it. Let's hope there is something waiting in the wings for us both!

• Like 1

I think it would be best for them to have their name pull up when they call.If it says Tammadge I would answer it.Well it does on my home phone but not my cell phone- heck my cell phone didn't even have the decency to let me know I had a message.lol thumbs up something good comes our way.