Lottery tickets

Tellwut

Lottery tickets  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy lottery tickets weekly?

• Yes
    • NO

I do buy the Lotto now and then, sctach offs maybe once a year, and the powerball or mega millions, once a year or so.  Its the poor man's tax.  Poor return on the dollar I think.  But I was surprised once and won $100 on a $5 scratch off.  Rare for me.  Usually, I just lose.

Been buying lottery tickets for at least 20 years. At present , I but a Lotto ticket for each drawing , several Take 5 , and $12 in scratch-offs each week. I will only buy Megamillions or Powerball when the prize is way high. I have filled-in cards that I use for the Lotto and Take 5 ones. As far as wins go , I generally win free plays along with smaller cash prizes ($1 , $2 , $5) on the scratch-offs , but have had wins of $10 , $20 , $40 and $60. Largest Lotto wins have been in the $25 area. On Take 5 , in addition to $15 - $25 cash wins and free plays , I have won twice for 2nd tier prizes ($389 , don't recall the other). Also won $150 on Megamillions once.

I also play a few of the online free lotto sites that allow NY players.

• 1 year later...

Our state squandered all the earnings from the lottery that was to go to the schools, so I am usually hesitant to buy tickets because of that. 

• Like 1