You Gov- Rave

peach6

21 hours ago, NFriday said:

I did not get that one.  I get a survey from yougov an average of once a week.  I have been with them for almost three years, and I am still waiting to earn enough points to get a $50 Amazon GC.  That survey would have given me enough points and then some.

Wait!  You haven't cashed out at all in almost 3 years?!  It usually takes me 2 years, but that seems like a long time. 

I just checked, and I joined YouGov in August of 2015, and so far I have 47,200 points,  Last year there were 3-4 months where I was burned out doing surveys, and I slacked off.  Unfortunately because of that I got dropped by Pinecone too.  I got DQ from a survey at YouGov today, but I completed another survey on government and Donald Trump which I received 750 points.  It took me forever to complete it though.

20 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just checked, and I joined yougov in August of 2015, and so far I have 47,200 points,  Last year there were 3-4 months where I was burned out doing surveys, and I slacked off.  Unfortunately because of that I got dropped by Pinecone too.  I got DQ from a survey at yougov today, but I completed another survey on government and Donald Trump which I received 750 points.  It took me forever to complete it though.

The more you gov surveys you do the more they send.So it's possible that if you were to do all the surveys they send you that the frequency will pick up.Plus I just went to their site and clicked on my account it's down on there Survey Frequency -As often as possible.Not sure what you put but if you can change it to that often that might help you.I cashed out in Oct. of last year and before that I cashed out in August of 2016 and  I am already up to 51,100 points as of this year.I am hoping to cash out again at the end of the year  if not at the beginning of next year.It was real slow for me when I first started aslo but then it picked up after a while.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just checked, and I joined yougov in August of 2015, and so far I have 47,200 points,  Last year there were 3-4 months where I was burned out doing surveys, and I slacked off.  Unfortunately because of that I got dropped by Pinecone too.  I got DQ from a survey at yougov today, but I completed another survey on government and Donald Trump which I received 750 points.  It took me forever to complete it though.

Wow, I actually can't believe you've stayed with a company for almost three years and not even had one payout - if I had been in that position on ANY survey site, I would have cashed out for whatever I could get instead of holding out for something larger and then just jumped ship because that's a really long time.  footfree gave you good advice on getting more YouGov surveys so hopefully you'll be able to cash out this year.  I average about one $100 payout a year with them - sometimes it's a few months over, this year it should be a few months less.  I do every survey they send me (rare for me to get a dq with them) and have them sent as often as possible, which is still only around 3-5 a week.  I get Trump surveys from them fairly regularly (ones where they ask if you like/dislike what he's doing, his recent tweets, always the same types of questions) and they usually take less than ten minutes, no idea if that was like the one you got, but the 500 and 750 pointers are generally pretty short so I'm surprised you said it took forever to complete.

45 minutes ago, NaomiNo said:

Wow, I actually can't believe you've stayed with a company for almost three years and not even had one payout - if I had been in that position on ANY survey site, I would have cashed out for whatever I could get instead of holding out for something larger and then just jumped ship because that's a really long time.  footfree gave you good advice on getting more yougov surveys so hopefully you'll be able to cash out this year.  I average about one $100 payout a year with them - sometimes it's a few months over, this year it should be a few months less.  I do every survey they send me (rare for me to get a dq with them) and have them sent as often as possible, which is still only around 3-5 a week.  I get Trump surveys from them fairly regularly (ones where they ask if you like/dislike what he's doing, his recent tweets, always the same types of questions) and they usually take less than ten minutes, no idea if that was like the one you got, but the 500 and 750 pointers are generally pretty short so I'm surprised you said it took forever to complete.

I guess I should have said the reason it takes me a year or longer is I wait for the big payout of $100.I don't take the little payouts,because I like to spend my money whatever way I would like,but that's just me.

I just checked, and I was scheduled to receive surveys weekly.  I changed that to when ever available, and so hopefully I will get more surveys from them.

• Like 1

They are the only survey company I am still a member of that regularly puts out surveys. I do wish they'd give more points, as it seems to take forever to get a gift card for a VERY small amount. But I like that you can rate the surveys  at the end, and especially that there is a place to say in your own words whatever you want about the survey. Sometimes I have complaints, especially about sufficient options given in surveys - like for example if a survey creator assumes everyone has a car or TV and will not let you skip the question if they do not ha e enough options so I ca answer honestly. Most companies I used to be a member of do not let let me do this and some, if I wish to comment on something about the survey, either ignore it or send me a kind  of  "form letter.  

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else got the FaceBook login after completing a YouGov survey?  This has happened 3 times now and I just say "not now" and it goes away.  Why did this start?

On 5/26/2018 at 5:02 PM, rosiesmom said:

Has anyone else got the FaceBook login after completing a yougov survey?  This has happened 3 times now and I just say "not now" and it goes away.  Why did this start?

Never got that. I don't belong to Facebook any way.

• Like 1

They don't need to see who my friends are or my political views are.Not that is what I post on Facebook (politics)but I think it's a little to personal for me to  feel comfortable doing.How would they like it if I knew all that info on them?

• Like 1

I just got one that gave no points.I mean it was real short but hey give me a heads up if I am not getting anything for it.

33 minutes ago, footfree said:

I just got one that gave no points.I mean it was real short but hey give me a heads up if I am not getting anything for it.

I just came here to see if anyone else got this one too.  Even though it was short, I'm peeved about it because right in the email invitation they make a point of saying: "We know your time is valuable. As a way of showing our thanks, you'll be awarded points when you complete every survey we email you. The longer the survey, the more points you earn."  I'm going to contact them because if it wasn't a mistake on their end, then that's just flat out lying.

• Like 1