Paypal vs. Amazon gift card

Njsurveyman

Get another paypal account and don't tell him.

On 5/10/2018 at 6:35 AM, rosiesmom said:

And after I posted on this the other day, I found that my Paypal account had a $0 balance because my husband decided to pay his motor cycle insurance early and so now I have nothing.  So I am definitely going with Amazon.  And only Amazon.

• Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, Njsurveyman said:

I recently noticed several focus group invites lately have only been offering amazon gift cards instead of cash. What is the deal with Amazon? I prefer paypal any day over Amazon. I even decided to take an extended break from Tellwut since they still don't offer any paypal incentive. 

So just taking a poll here...which do all of you prefer...Amazon GC or Paypal cash?

I absolutely refuse to use PayPal and love Amazon so it is a no-brainer for me.  My first choice is still checks from those panels that still offer them.

2 hours ago, JuneP said:

I absolutely refuse to use PayPal and love Amazon so it is a no-brainer for me.  My first choice is still checks from those panels that still offer them.

I like checks myself but watch it if you get paid by a foreign check.Credit Unions charge $20 to cash them and if you have a bank account you will more then likely will have to deposit it and wait for it to clear.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, rosiesmom said:

And after I posted on this the other day, I found that my Paypal account had a $0 balance because my husband decided to pay his motor cycle insurance early and so now I have nothing.  So I am definitely going with Amazon.  And only Amazon.

I switched to getting Amazon gift cards because my husband was viewing the money I had in PayPal as fun money while I was trying to save it for things like back to school shopping. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rsmt25 said:

I switched to getting Amazon gift cards because my husband was viewing the money I had in PayPal as fun money while I was trying to save it for things like back to school shopping. 

Same here.  The problem with setting up another Paypal account is that it would have to be hooked up to our checking account, and he woudl see it.  Amazon is good for now.

• Sad 1

On 5/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, rosiesmom said:

Same here.  The problem with setting up another Paypal account is that it would have to be hooked up to our checking account, and he woudl see it.  Amazon is good for now.

Just get a secret bank account

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, rosiesmom said:

I have my own bank account and Pay pal account as does my husband.Got married later in life so we have separate accounts.Dr.Phil thinks its a good idea to have.Not that I needed his permission but I was happy he said it was a good thing since me and my husband had already had it set up that way.Plus I outright asked him how he would feel if I had access to his Paypal and he said no way.Same way I feel about him having access to mine.

BTW I know it's really not my business but I just had to throw my 2 cents in.Don't mean to offend anyone just mho.

• Like 1

We have always shared a bank account.  We used to share a credit card until he went on a 2 weeks vacation to California and took friends out for dinner drinks, and a Leonard Cohen concert.  I can't even tell you how many years I had to pay that to get it off of the card.  I was the bread winner for most of our marriage, and only in the past few years did he have to pull up his boot straps and work.  He contributes nothing to the Paypal account.  I would rather have cash stuffed in a mattress instead of Paypal, but that is just me.