Anybody get an auction on mysurvey?

NFriday

I was just doing surveys on mysurvey.  I have two uncompleted surveys that are both GTM, and they won't let me finish them.  They say they can't find the site.

I just opened up a survey which asked for your email, first name, and year you were born.  It then took me to a live auction that was conducted by Vaylink in the Netherlands.  The first item that pulled up was a $100 Amazon GC.  I decided I did not want to do the auction.  Did anybody else get this.  They said they needed your email so they could send you the results of the auction.  It was really strange.  The survey would have given me 150 points.

4 minutes ago, NFriday said:

I was just doing surveys on mysurvey.  I have two uncompleted surveys that are both GTM, and they won't let me finish them.  They say they can't find the site.

I just opened up a survey which asked for your email, first name, and year you were born.  It then took me to a live auction that was conducted by Vaylink in the Netherlands.  The first item that pulled up was a $100 Amazon GC.  I decided I did not want to do the auction.  Did anybody else get this.  They said they needed your email so they could send you the results of the auction.  It was really strange.  The survey would have given me 150 points.

I am always suspicious when they ask me for my name and address unless it's for a product to test I am not giving out that information I used to but as soon as I gave them the information I would get dq  without even asking me any questions. No More

I got it on GTM yesterday and closed it as soon as I saw it was the auction.  It's been kicking around for a while now, here's the thread from last September about it.  Haven't heard of anyone actually going through with it, though, so the whole thing still remains a bit of a mystery.

• Like 1

I missed this.  This must have happened while I was burnt out from surveys, and was not visiting here very much.  I am sure that some naive person thought they could get an Amazon GC for $10, and bid on it.

Here is a link to the company in the Netherlands.

https://veylinx.com

Apparently they came up with this to find out if people will do what they actually say they will.  They say they will bid $200 on an item, but will they actually only bid $100.  Apparently they won a Nobel prize for coming up with this auction idea.  The website does not mention if they actually go through with the auction.

• Like 1

I took the survey, I bid $2.00 on the amazon card since they said it was legally binding. The rest of the survey was for foot products i wouldn't bid on and they asked a lot of questions about the foot products.

• Like 1