Great! Please have your child complete the remainder of the survey

ksedwar

Is anyone else seeing a huge increase these this year? It seems like every other survey is for my kid instead of me and it's getting to be beyond frustrating. :40_rage:

It seems like for every 5 I get 3 are for kids.No wonder parents are frustrated with companies who are pushing their commercials towards kids.

They also seem to be some of the worst when it comes to having page after page of multiple choice check boxes, repeated questions, low pay and going way over the time limit.

• Like 2

I only see these on Valued Opinions.  I filled out one and midway through it asked for my daughter to come to the computer.  She was in college so that wasn't going to happen.  Then when she did come home, we got another one for her.  3 seconds into it they dq'd her, saying she didn't fit the profile, even though she had completed a previous survey and this was the follow up survey. I usually get dumped as soon as I say that I have no children 18 or younger living with me.  UGH!!

Yes, it does seem like there's been more of them lately.  I actually got one from YouGov today for 3,000 points that we both had to fill out. My daughter seems to like them, probably because I give her the cash equivalent after she does it (well, rounded up to the nearest $1 so she always makes at least $1!) and on sites like PanelPolls that are mostly for kids she gets to keep everything when it's time to cash out.  But it's annoying when I don't know it's for her when I start the survey and then halfway through they want her and she's not home.  Would be nice if they could give me a link to come back to it later on, no clue why surveys think kids are just sitting right next to you 24/7 and aren't in school, at a friend's, etc;

18 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I only see these on Valued Opinions.  I filled out one and midway through it asked for my daughter to come to the computer.  She was in college so that wasn't going to happen.  Then when she did come home, we got another one for her.  3 seconds into it they dq'd her, saying she didn't fit the profile, even though she had completed a previous survey and this was the follow up survey. I usually get dumped as soon as I say that I have no children 18 or younger living with me.  UGH!!

This is sadly common. They ask you to fill out a bunch of preliminary questions, then summon your child to complete the survey, only to DQ them despite having all the necessary profile information beforehand. Really nice...

Yes, I've noticed this... I guess they think teenagers sit around with parents all day just waiting to take over a survey.  :51_scream:    Problem is that we can't get back in to the same survey hours later when the kids might actually be there.... so yep, they have to be there with you all the time.  Frustrating is right!