My First Two Months

memphis_512245

Hi, 

I got started reading this forum, so I thought I would give back and share my experiences over the past two months as all of this is new to me.  For surveys here are the sites I have tried:

Opinion Outpost - My favorite site and I can average about $3 per day before there are no more available has some decent variety.

OneOpinion - My 2nd favorite - can average slightly less and many movie surveys, but still a solid choice for around $3 per day.

GlobalTestMarket - I was really excited about this site and I even got the phone app.  The surveys are easy and I can do a $1 one in 5 minutes.  Only problem with this site is there is hardly anything available.

Tellwut & Toluna - I combine these two together because to me they are similar.  There are lots of surveys avail, but I do one for 15 minutes and make like 20 cents.  I have a lot of patience, but it is hard to earn on these two.

Swagbucks - Major annoying one for me, it seems I am in a loop and can qualify for anything.

Survey Junkie - I just started with this last week and I really like it.  I will keep this as my 4th option and the earning isn't great, but the choices are plentiful.

So, in two months i have done plenty of surveys that i just click through and are bored, but I have done some really cool ones.  I have gotten to watch full episodes of TV shows that aren't on the air yet and got to give input on the characters and story lines.  I have received 4 different products in the mail to test.  

So in two months I have made $650 in my spare time.  It is a grind, but I like it and I like this forum for any tips.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 2

You must be a lot younger than I am.  Out of all of the ones you have listed, the only one I am involved with is One Opinion, which is my best paying site, and I have only made $54 in two months, and I haven't gotten any products to test in probably two years either.  I am also involved in my survey, valued opinion, Mindfield, you gov and one other one which is not very active.  I am also involved in Pi-Opinion, but I am never eligible for any survey with them, and I think I have $5 in my account now.  I have done a few market research projects so far this year though.  I did two in April, and then I did two in January.  They often turn you down though if they find out that you just did a study.  I just had one a few weeks ago that I am sure was a mock jury that paid $200, but when I told them that I did a mock jury at least five years ago, they suddenly were not interested in me. 

• Like 2

I wish I could make $650 in 2 months.How much time do you devote?I mean time is money so that should be taken into account.I say that while shaking my head, cause I know I put more time into it then it's worth.I like some of them on your list however I am not with opinion outpost- I do like One Opinion,e-rewards,gongo's and I don't do to bad with GTM and then Ipsos.I also do Epoll which isn't a lot but it's okay.

• Like 1

I don't think Global Test Market pays $1 for 5 minute surveys. Usually they pay 100 Life Points which is equal to .83 cents for a 15-20 minute survey. When I first began taking paid surveys many years ago I had your enthusiasm. Good luck!

• Like 2

I'm 49 and here are more details on the breakdown:

Outpost - $305

OneOpinion - $250

Global Test - $60

TV Pilot Watched - $35

Still do not have enough to cash out at the newer ones, but haven't been with them long.

The Global Test ones for the 100 Life Points I can breeze through, but they are hardly ever available which is why I only have $60 with them.  The first 8 questions are all the same and it is easy to learn the pattern on what the survey is for and what they are looking for and how to find the "check" question to make sure you are reading.

I am on a desktop and I can click through these very quickly.  I really love the opportunity to share my true reviews and test products and shows when the survey allows, but I would say more than half of the surveys I just roll through to get the points.  I say I devote about 2 hours a day and average about $3-$4 per hour.

3 hours ago, memphis_512245 said:

I'm 49 and here are more details on the breakdown:

Outpost - $305

OneOpinion - $250

Global Test - $60

TV Pilot Watched - $35

Still do not have enough to cash out at the newer ones, but haven't been with them long.

The Global Test ones for the 100 life points I can breeze through, but they are hardly ever available which is why I only have $60 with them.  The first 8 questions are all the same and it is easy to learn the pattern on what the survey is for and what they are looking for and how to find the "check" question to make sure you are reading.

I am on a desktop and I can click through these very quickly.  I really love the opportunity to share my true reviews and test products and shows when the survey allows, but I would say more than half of the surveys I just roll through to get the points.  I say I devote about 2 hours a day and average about $3-$4 per hour.

I don't know how you make that kind of money because I sure don't!! As for testing products I can't remember last time I did. I've been doing surveys now for about 12 years.

In the last two months I have tested:

Deodorant - I really liked the one they sent to test and still have some left over.  I didn't earn much, but I like the product, I wish I knew what it was called (the label was blank)

Bio Freeze Type Stuff - I got to compare two items.

Shaving Blades

Bee Spray

I should be getting an appliance to test from Shark something soon.

I've done a few tv show pilots and those were really interesting.

2 minutes ago, memphis_512245 said:

Deodorant - I really liked the one they sent to test and still have some left over.  I didn't earn much, but I like the product, I wish I knew what it was called (the label was blank)

Shaving Blades

Bee Spray

Keep it up but I don't know why you're so lucky. Wish I had that kind of luck.

I suspect that you give them the answers they are looking for.  I am good at math, and I suspect that you are spending more than 2 hours a day, if you are making $3-$4 an hour.  When I tell the companies what age I am, and the fact that I don't have any kids, I get DQ.

I have been doing surveys for four years, and I think I have gotten 3 product tests, including one for toothpaste, one for Tide detergent, and one for paper towels.  I have been doing market research studies a lot longer though, and I got a product test that paid $200 a few years ago, and then I told them I did not like the product, which was a cleaning product, and so they came out to my house to see how I used the product when I cleaned my dishes.  I had to fix a dish, and they reimbursed me for the ingredients, and then I had to wash the dirty dishes that I accumulated while making the eggplant casserole, while they filmed me.  I got paid an additional $200 for that.

I got an email from One Opinion about a survey last night.  I got a total of four surveys to try, and got DQ from all of them.  I still got 200 points though.  I did get a five day survey from OO that paid me 10,000 points though.  It took me over a week though to get my points.

1 hour ago, memphis_512245 said:

Shaving Blades

Bee Spray

I got the Bio-freeze one.Thank goodness since my back went out on me.Now I would love to get  Shark as I am looking to buy a new one for my business.I just became a empty nester,so things will change for me.I also think it depends what you buy that helps determine what you get as in the way of Products to test I feel like .I do around 2 hours a day and don't get paid as much.However I am not with all the companies you are anyway I am happy for you.Get it while you can and enjoy while you can!

I used to get quite a few products to test sometimes I would be doing 2 or 3 at the same time but not anymore can't even remember the last time

22 hours ago, bluetexas said:

I don't think Global Test Market pays $1 for 5 minute surveys. Usually they pay 100 life points which is equal to .83 cents for a 15-20 minute survey. When I first began taking paid surveys many years ago I had your enthusiasm. Good luck!

Are you with One Opinion?If so they have a lot of 20 minute surveys that only pay 1000 points so >83 cents for 15 or 1000 for 20   about the same in my book.Or even the 500 points for 15 - I make more with One but the pay is about the same.

yes with One Opinion also, it's one of my top two choices.  

Also I've received a few offers to be in online communities with rewards or reward incentives.  One was for shaving, which sounded good, but they wanted you to film yourself shopping at Costco and doing other activities.  The other was for sweet something and they wanted videos or something eating candy.

I really didn't sign up and post this to be boastful.  I was just wanting to compare notes on what more experienced folks were up to.  It looks like I will get to the $600 (taxable level) in Outpost and One Opinion at my rate in a couple more months and I was looking for ideas on the best other sites and I have tried about 7 others so far.  I'm debating on the ones that if I break $600 and have to pay taxes, I will have to earn more to cover the tax, so I may just hit the max with those and do others till January if the situation arises.

I do try to do surveys where I feel like I am providing helpful input and helping the manufactures or marketers of a product or service sell their items.  I do feel like some of these surveys are just a way for you to watch the same commercial 4 times and it is worth it for them to pay you 40 cents, which is fine with me but not very fulfilling.

I'm still very enthusiastic about this whole process and I thank you all for this board.  It has been very helpful. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, paulgro said:

I don't know how you make that kind of money because I sure don't!! As for testing products I can't remember last time I did. I've been doing surveys now for about 12 years.

Opinion Outpost was very lucrative when I first started with them 4 years ago. So much so that when I posted how much I made, people here thought I was trolling and said I was lying. If you have the right demographics for OO you can do very well. Like many survey sites you also need to be one of the first to get the surveys which means often and frequent polling for surveys. OO seems to favor the newbie in the first few months.

10 minutes ago, JD said:

Opinion Outpost was very lucrative when I first started with them 4 years ago. So much so that when I posted how much I made, people here thought I was trolling and said I was lying. If you have the right demographics for OO you can do very well. Like many survey sites you also need to be one of the first to get the surveys which means often and frequent polling for surveys. OO seems to favor the newbie in the first few months.

I agree JD  OO used to be great for me not so much anymore