My First Two Months

memphis_512245

Thanks for the input.  I hope my luck holds out with them.  Today was a good one so far.  I received 5,250 points from qualifying in 5 in a row including a 2,300 point one.

Y'all have me bummed that the party will end and this will all slow down for me and I'm just qualifying because I am new to the sites or just lucky.

I just got an invite for an online session next week - 90 minutes for $35.  I did one of these before and it was for a TV pilot.  The show is coming out later this month and I am curious if anything in the show will be different than the pilot I saw.

I heard in the show Psych the lead female officer was not well liked in the pilot and she was replaced after one episode.  

7 hours ago, JD said:

Opinion Outpost was very lucrative when I first started with them 4 years ago. So much so that when I posted how much I made, people here thought I was trolling and said I was lying. If you have the right demographics for OO you can do very well. Like many survey sites you also need to be one of the first to get the surveys which means often and frequent polling for surveys. OO seems to favor the newbie in the first few months.

I use to belong to OO until the pay went down and I started getting less surveys then I use to. I was doing quite well with them but something seemed to die over there. Survey Spot I also quit around the same time for the same reason.

4 hours ago, memphis_512245 said:

Y'all have me bummed that the party will end and this will all slow down for me and I'm just qualifying because I am new to the sites or just lucky.

I just got an invite for an online session next week - 90 minutes for $35.  I did one of these before and it was for a TV pilot.  The show is coming out later this month and I am curious if anything in the show will be different than the pilot I saw.

I heard in the show Psych the lead female officer was not well liked in the pilot and she was replaced after one episode.  

Enjoy it while you're getting it. In time when asked if you did this or that type of survey and you answer yes. Don't be surprised when you DQ.

I noticed that Opinion Outpost that used to receive one of the highest ratings, is now down to 77.  People either love it or hate it.  There are a lot of one star reviews because their account got disabled, or because they quit receiving lots of surveys.

I just can't believe that's from 2 hours a day. I would have to guess it's a lot of clicking and not really reading the questions. Many of the surveys thru Opinion Outpost take at least 10 minutes and don't pay great. 

well, as I've said, I love to do a survey where I feel like they care about my opinion and I can make a difference in a show, advertisement, or a product and I read those carefully.

but, at least half of the ones I do it seems are about movies or internet providers/tv providers

they ask the same questions 8 different ways...  do you trust this company? would you recommend this company, if this company was a person what personality traits would it have?,  so yes is those instances, i click through like a madman and get the points.

A site that I can now recommend is Survey Junkie.  The points are somewhat decent, but they have a lot of surveys available.  I just cashed out my first $10 in less than a week and it has moved up to #3 on my list.

20 hours ago, memphis_512245 said:

they ask the same questions 8 different ways...  do you trust this company? would you recommend this company, if this company was a person what personality traits would it have?,  so yes is those instances, i click through like a madman and get the points.

As boring as these may be, "clicking through like a madman" is going to get you banned from these companies sooner rather than later and also ups your chances of accidentally hitting the "please select 4 to mark your place" kinds of questions they hide in there to show you aren't paying attention.  It appears many/all? surveys these days are timed so if you take too short a time to finish a survey (I've also wondered if even each question itself is timed), you are considered speeding and violating their terms.  As someone who really does look at and answer these monotonous questions truthfully but tends to be fairly fast at reading and clicking through, I recently got an email from Harris Poll "warning" me about this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NaomiNo said:

As boring as these may be, "clicking through like a madman" is going to get you banned from these companies sooner rather than later and also ups your chances of accidentally hitting the "please select 4 to mark your place" kinds of questions they hide in there to show you aren't paying attention.  It appears many/all? surveys these days are timed so if you take too short a time to finish a survey (I've also wondered if even each question itself is timed), you are considered speeding and violating their terms.  As someone who really does look at and answer these monotonous questions truthfully but tends to be fairly fast at reading and clicking through, I recently got an email from Harris Poll "warning" me about this.

I got the same thing from Harris Poll I wonder if everybody got the warning

• Like 1

thanks for the tips everyone, i really appreciate it.  Hopefully my luck will continue, but I am very mindful of the trap questions and make sure I answer those properly.  I really do like to provide helpful opinions and hope I get more surveys that i can express myself.  I have travel blogs and am a long-time contributor to TripAdvisor, so i want to help these survey places with valuable information.   I just fly through the repetitive ones, hopefully I won't get banned. 

I just did one for GlobalTest yesterday for a whopping 10,000 points.  They asked everything from credit cards, to travel, to movies, etc.  It took me 25 minutes, but that was almost a $10 equivalent.

Oh, one more thing on Survey Junkie, their gift card code came within 2 minutes.  All the other sites take a couple of days.

So you travel a lot?  That would help you get more surveys, and especially if you travel internationally  a lot.  I've flown once in the last year, and not internationally, and so I often get eliminated from those surveys.  I do not rush through surveys though, and so I have never been dropped from a survey company for that reason.  I also don't just give them the answers they want to make sure I am eligible for a survey.  I could lie and tell them that I am 39 and I have three kids at home, and get twice as many surveys as I do, but I won't do that

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 5:48 PM, footfree said:

Are you with One Opinion?If so they have a lot of 20 minute surveys that only pay 1000 points so >83 cents for 15 or 1000 for 20   about the same in my book.Or even the 500 points for 15 - I make more with One but the pay is about the same.

I've just signed up to One Opinion. Thanks for the heads up! I do prefer Paypal over gift cards, so it's worth a try.

I just read your post and wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share this. Keep it up, it can be a grind. Sounds like you put a lot of thought, time and heart into it and that could be why you are seeing the rewards that you are. Hope to see another update from you.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:42 PM, memphis_512245 said:

thanks for the tips everyone, i really appreciate it.  Hopefully my luck will continue, but I am very mindful of the trap questions and make sure I answer those properly.  I really do like to provide helpful opinions and hope I get more surveys that i can express myself.  I have travel blogs and am a long-time contributor to TripAdvisor, so i want to help these survey places with valuable information.   I just fly through the repetitive ones, hopefully I won't get banned. 

I just did one for GlobalTest yesterday for a whopping 10,000 points.  They asked everything from credit cards, to travel, to movies, etc.  It took me 25 minutes, but that was almost a $10 equivalent.

Oh, one more thing on Survey Junkie, their gift card code came within 2 minutes.  All the other sites take a couple of days.

Enjoy and I hope you make money.You just have to remember that a lot of us here have been doing this for a long time, and we may be a little burned out,skeptical and cynical.It's par for the course when taking surveys or doing anything for long periods of time in life.You get to see the good and the bad.We still stuck it out though, so we must like it somewhat.  And it's nice to know we can come here vent and have a ear to bend and have someone who knows and cares what we are going thru.Just a part of life.Always nice to have new blood here to join in.

• Like 1