Stopped doing surveys on a chance to win

footfree

I was on a panel with  JcPenney at first  I use to make money or gift certificates   now all they want is to enter me in a random draw where lets say 20 people can win a $20 gc.Maybe won once in a years worth of surveys.Then I am on the Bridge with United Health care I answer all the surveys they sent and no money for one month then same I answer all the surveys I get $5 for the month.However recently they have been having these really long surveys and want us to come up with ideas like we are pitching a idea to them like Shark Tank does. Are you freaking kidding me ,I am not spending that much time for $5.It's like giving them free ideas on how to help them make money for what little they want to dole out.Don't get me started on insurance and how they abuse us and overcharge us .Anyway I am really going to have to stick to my guns and not do anymore panels that want all this info for so little in return.Isn't this why you hire the people you have working for you to come up with new and fresh ideas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It truly is amazing how companies pay squat for your time. Of course the issue is that people are willing to do things for very little if anything. Don't feed them. It's also amazing how many employees never use their company's products. Thus they have no insight into how to make things better.

• Like 1

Agreed. I used to be part of JCP but stopped when there weren't any rewards for my time. Would it really kill them to send each person a $5 or $10 gift card? No. I belonged to Sterilite (they make those plastic storage bins) for a bit but realized they wanted too much for nothing so I stopped with them very quickly. I used to be with Target but stopped with them too. They gave away nice rewards at random but I prefer guarantees. 

• Like 1

I have never been willing to do a survey for a sweepstakes entry. I’d rather have a sure fifty cents than a chance at $500

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1