How does everyone manage their surveys?

rr2911

I would like to join about ten survey sites to begin. I'm wondering what is the best way to manage these sites. How does everyone here do this? Do you give each site a limit of 5 Surveys before you go to the next one? Do you let's say, have to make at least $3-5 on that site before you move to the next site?

Hey rr,

I've only been at this for a less than three months, but I have joined 7 or so sites.  I go to one and do all available surveys and go to the next.   You will find that depending on your age, race, kids, etc. that some sites will offer you more opportunities than others.

Good luck and I'll help you if I can.

Ten sites to start out is probably too many.  I would start with five.  I do not have the best demographics, and so I try to do all the surveys given to me.  The problem is that a survey might appear on 3-4 sites, and if you belong to all of those sites, the other sites are going to DQ you, because you've already done the survey.  My favorite sites right now are One Opinion and YouGovPinecone used to be good, but they have gone downhill lately, and plus they are hard to get in.  Opinion Outpost used to be good also, but currently they are 77 on the list of companies.  Paid Viewpoint is currently #1 on the list, but I have never worked with them.  Toluna is also high on the list, and is supposed to be good for older people that often get DQ from other sites.

2 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I would like to join about ten survey sites to begin. I'm wondering what is the best way to manage these sites. How does everyone here do this? Do you give each site a limit of 5 surveys before you go to the next one? Do you let's say, have to make at least $3-5 on that site before you move to the next site?

I have been doing surveys for a long time when I check my email I will usually do the one that I have a better chance of being able to complete a survey with or one that I know pay better after awhile you will be able to tell but I do try all of them and some sites you need to check through out the day because there are sometimes surveys on there site you don't always get an email and always be honest to the best of your abilities to answer truthfully.

Good Luck

I've tried pretty much every site out there, and these days, they mostly don't pay enough to be worth it. These days I pretty much do any survey I'm directly emailed from any of a handful of sites that only (fairly infrequently) email me when there are surveys I already qualify for (or a couple that also only send surveys sporadically, where it's not a guarantee, but either the pay is particularly good when I do, or the pay for screening out is particularly good as with Innopoll, or I guess Forthright now), so there's no time management issue there, then if I get super bored, I'll clear out my queue on socialopinions (they occasionally send out super juicy high paying surveys, which are clearly marked as such, then the rest are junk, but they pay 10 cents a screenout, so I just periodically clean out the whole queue for the screenout pay), and when I'm done with that, I'll do surveys on One Opinion (skipping the really low paying ones, which are about half of them) until I either get the max 5 screenout pays per day, or run out of surveys to do there (which is more common, especially since I'm skipping like half of them, i.e. anything from ugam or opco or a couple other sites like that that are just always universally awful). 

Back when Opinion Outpost paid decently, at that point I'd just crank out surveys there until I got bored... but those days are sadly gone. Now there aren't really any sites left that have unlimited surveys to do and actually pay even halfway decently for my time, so once I'm done with that, I go do something else - I have some standards. :p

Thanks for all the responses. What I was attempting or hoping to do was make about $5 a day with each survey site. If I joined ten then I would make $50 a day. Now it seems that would be a reach! 

So I guess it's safe to say that making $100 to $150 a month is more a realistic goal?

If your demographics are a lot better than mine, you could theoretically make $10 a day doing surveys if you pick the right companies, but there is no way you can make $50 a day.  You should also look into market research companies if you have any in your area.  They pay a whole lot more.  There are a ton in the Chicago area where I live, but most of them are looking for younger people, and so if you are under the age of 45 there are a lot more available.

• Like 1

In my limited experience, $2-$3 a day per site is more realistic.  Sometimes you can get lucky and sometimes you can get asked to do a product test or watch a tv pilot and get paid (I've received $35 a couple of times).  I'm hoping to make about $250 per month, but I've been told on these forums that is not going to happen long term.

11 hours ago, NFriday said:

If your demographics are a lot better than mine, you could theoretically make $10 a day doing surveys if you pick the right companies, but there is no way you can make $50 a day.  You should also look into market research companies if you have any in your area.  They pay a whole lot more.  There are a ton in the Chicago area where I live, but most of them are looking for younger people, and so if you are under the age of 45 there are a lot more available.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I read all the time survey takers who claim there are making $300 - $500 per month, and they've joined 20 to 30 survey sites. Who has that much time to take surveys for what would seem like an 8 hour job? I don't! I have a regular job! I can probably look at 1-2 hours per day doing surveys.   

The problem is that if you sign up for 20 survey companies, you are probably going to have the same survey show up on four of them, and after you complete the survey the first time, the other three survey companies are going to DQ you because you already did the survey some where else.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFriday said:

The problem is that if you sign up for 20 survey companies, you are probably going to have the same survey show up on four of them, and after you complete the survey the first time, the other three survey companies are going to DQ you because you already did the survey some where else.

Would clearing your cookies take care of that?

Clearing cookies would not have any effect. The cookies from one company are not read by another. They likely are using your IP address to track that you did the survey.

On 6/17/2018 at 9:52 AM, rr2911 said:

I would like to join about ten survey sites to begin. I'm wondering what is the best way to manage these sites. How does everyone here do this? Do you give each site a limit of 5 surveys before you go to the next one? Do you let's say, have to make at least $3-5 on that site before you move to the next site?

There used to be a time you could make decent money doing surveys but I think times have changed  you will spend a lot of time just trying and then be told you don't qualify.

I had signed up for 3 or 4 a few years ago. I realized, mathematically it wasn't working for me. Most of them have the same surveys. Most have a minimum cash out amount. So I would have about 3 of them, with say, $20 in each..all below the threshhold. If I had just done one, all surveys would tunnel into one, and I could cash out $60. It seems that when you are new on one, it pays out well. So far, doing only 1, Opinion Outpost, allowing me to cash out the minimum $10, at least every other day. Consistently.

I've had some issues with some of the surveys going down, or site crashing. Most every email I send to them is answered. I have a couple, where I didn't get the points and I should. But I am hoping that will be worked out.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:03 PM, rr2911 said:

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I read all the time survey takers who claim there are making $300 - $500 per month, and they've joined 20 to 30 survey sites. Who has that much time to take surveys for what would seem like an 8 hour job? I don't! I have a regular job! I can probably look at 1-2 hours per day doing surveys.   

The way things are today you have to do surveys for a hobby not for helping out with cash.