Vacuum cleaner survey?

GammiWoo

At LEAST once per week, I get a survey that looks like a My-Take format except in green bars rather than blue. It has the same questions starting with "Do you use a cleaning service?" It then proceeds to ask what cleaning tools you have in general and then, vacuum specific questions regarding type you own and purchase plans. I have taken this survey once a week for several months. I never qualify. It pops up on OneOpinion and the SSI survey sites as well as some others. Is anyone else getting this? I own an upright and have plans to purchase. I answer the same time, every time cuz, ya know, I'm being honest. It keeps coming up on these multiple sites, multiple times. I never qualify but keep getting them. Anyone else? 

Yes I keep getting them .I have gone as far as when they ask how much do you plan to spend and since it's not over 300 to 400 hundred dollars I get booted.If I had to guess they are looking for people who are either buying a Oreck- Dyson or a Kirby.I cannot think of any others that are that expensive except for maybe the newest Shark but I really think it's on Dyson's-which I do not like.Anyways sorry I got off subject but I have gotten them and done the eye roll I know I will not qualify. I wonder if they are looking for people to test them.If that's the case I would try it.I am also thinking of getting a nicer vacuum  then what I have ,but like I said not for over 300 to 400.

• Like 1

That's interesting because I have answered it that way until the one I took today. I spoke with my mother because we actually have vacuum issues and are looking to replace it. She told me the lowest I should spend for a quality one is around $450 so I checked that box today. I still got disqualified. I don't think I'd ever pay what they must be looking for people to spend, lol.

21 hours ago, GammiWoo said:

That's interesting because I have answered it that way until the one I took today. I spoke with my mother because we actually have vacuum issues and are looking to replace it. She told me the lowest I should spend for a quality one is around $450 so I checked that box today. I still got disqualified. I don't think I'd ever pay what they must be looking for people to spend, lol.

Hmm it must be one of those infamous surveys that keeps floating around and never goes away.Like Ipsos how many days to you watch Tv?Or the one from GTM that ask you what electronic equipment you own or do you buy DVD'S. Hate those- however for some reason I'm still  thinking I am going to make it thru the vacuum cleaner survey.Which I probably will not.Ya not spending over 500 on a vacuum-unless I can ride it in the sky- lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footfree said:

Hmm it must be one of those infamous surveys that keeps floating around and never goes away.Like Ipsos how many days to you watch Tv?Or the one from GTM that ask you what electronic equipment you own or do you buy DVD'S. Hate those- however for some reason I'm still  thinking I am going to make it thru the vacuum cleaner survey.Which I probably will not.Ya not spending over 500 on a vacuum-unless I can ride it in the sky- lol

Or somebody pushes it for you but then I would want them to dust also

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peach6 said:

Or somebody pushes it for you but then I would want them to dust also

I already do this - for real it's my part time job

• Haha 1

It is probably the company that makes Shark and Ninja products. They have a focus group through My Take and they use surveys on other sites to recruit new members for product testing. It is great if you can get in. I got close to $500 from a number of product tests the first year that I was a member. After about a year, you won't get any more tests as they prefer new testers. 

58 minutes ago, rsmt25 said:

It is probably the company that makes Shark and Ninja products. They have a focus group through My Take and they use surveys on other sites to recruit new members for product testing. It is great if you can get in. I got close to $500 from a number of product tests the first year that I was a member. After about a year, you won't get any more tests as they prefer new testers. 

I'm not with them can anyone join?

• 1 month later...

So cool (0r not) story. I just got on OneOpinion and got an invite on dashboard for a survey - 2300 points for 9 minutes. I know, woohoo, right?! Wrong. It's the vacuum survey again. I answered every question, the same, and of course got dq'd just a minute below the allotted time (cough cough). Screened out and curiously, no 50 pts - just the dashboard. Oh, look another survey that's 500 points for 9 minutes! Ok, well not too shabby. Click and WOW! It's the vacuum survey. BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND, I guess. The questions are practically the same with just slight minor differences - I run my own quality checks, ya know? ;) -I typed out my vacuum routine as such "Clear obstacles, vacuum each room. First, downstairs, then hall, then upstairs. I have typed out my routine and answered this very same survey, probably 20 times since the first of the year. I keep getting this same survey over and over,  giving good, consistent answers and are all dq'd after spending more time than I wanted to just to be disqualified. Thanks for wasting my time. I could have been vacuuming."

Now, before, I  did give step by step routine in a serious manner but I thought I would see where this goes, lol. Sorry for ranting. I'm mostly amused and thought you all might be as well, lol!! Have a great day!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, GammiWoo said:

So cool (0r not) story. I just got on OneOpinion and got an invite on dashboard for a survey - 2300 points for 9 minutes. I know, woohoo, right?! Wrong. It's the vacuum survey again. I answered every question, the same, and of course got dq'd just a minute below the allotted time (cough cough). Screened out and curiously, no 50 pts - just the dashboard. Oh, look another survey that's 500 points for 9 minutes! Ok, well not too shabby. Click and WOW! It's the vacuum survey. BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND, I guess. The questions are practically the same with just slight minor differences - I run my own quality checks, ya know? ;) -I typed out my vacuum routine as such "Clear obstacles, vacuum each room. First, downstairs, then hall, then upstairs. I have typed out my routine and answered this very same survey, probably 20 times since the first of the year. I keep getting this same survey over and over,  giving good, consistent answers and are all dq'd after spending more time than I wanted to just to be disqualified. Thanks for wasting my time. I could have been vacuuming."

Now, before, I  did give step by step routine in a serious manner but I thought I would see where this goes, lol. Sorry for ranting. I'm mostly amused and thought you all might be as well, lol!! Have a great day!

I do sometimes think vacuuming is easier then doing surveys

• Haha 1

When I was with this focus group what they wanted was homes with certain types & percentages of flooring, a specific sort of layout and certain kinds of "mess makers" in the house.  I don't want to be more specific than that but just know that if you are not qualifying for the focus group, it probably isn't anything that you are doing wrong. 

Also the only way that I know of to get into this group is through a survey and then a follow up phone call. I'm sorry that I didn't answer this question sooner for those who asked. 

6 hours ago, GammiWoo said:

I get those same exact surveys and then goes to the dashboard of the My Take. I did actually do a vacuum home study in May. I am also part of the "community". They just don't really give you any incentives.

When I was doing the product test I asked the contact person about them and she said they are not related, just ignore them. It really sucks to get your hopes up and it is nothing.

Edited by Applecrisp
  • Like 1