Focus Pointe Global frustrating

NFriday

Hi- I posted something similar to this, but I accidentally posted it in archives.  I need to go to bed.  I finally got accepted in a Focus Pointe Global panel on Medicare which pays me $125 for two hours.  I got the confirmation email though, and it says that I will have to print out a W-9 form and give it to them.  I have never been asked to do that before.  I sincerely doubt that I will make $600 before the end of the year.  I was also told in the email confirmation that the office is business casual.  Does that mean that I can't wear jeans to the panel?  I've never been told that either before.  I don't know how anxious I will be to do any more panels with them.  This is the downtown Chicago office that I have to go to..

Yep - no jeans. A pair of khaki pants and a polo shirt would be good. I've never filled out a W-9 in advance either but I don't see the harm in doing it. 

If you google business casual you can wear jeans.I would pair it with a dress top .Business casual isn't what it use to be.When they say casual they don't mean jeans with holes- athletic wear and or dirty old tennis shoes.Look like you are going to church, but not a wedding.I think they are trying to stop people from coming in that look like they just rolled out of bed.Which I can understand no one needs to look sloppy.

On 6/28/2018 at 6:43 PM, footfree said:

If you google business casual you can wear jeans

I agree. As long as the jeans look new and aren't hanging down to your knees plus a nice shirt with buttons on it (or a blouse for women).

I also agree they are probably just trying to avoid people wearing anything outrageous in the group as well as having people coming and going from the office that look like they are professional.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Big difference between casual and sloppy.

I've been a member over 2 years, have never qualified for a survey or a focus group. Put them in my junk mail filter.