TVision Insights

nj07208

"system includes a sensor that uses motion-capture, facial recognition technology to passively decipher when you are casually watching versus intently paying attention to programming. The TVision System is never recording or spying on you!"

So, something will be able to see me....correct? Sounds way too intrusive! (and the payment isn't worth it) Has anyone done this? I saw a post about it last year but there weren't any responses.

1 hour ago, nj07208 said:

"system includes a sensor that uses motion-capture, facial recognition technology to passively decipher when you are casually watching versus intently paying attention to programming. The TVision System is never recording or spying on you!"

So, something will be able to see me....correct? Sounds way too intrusive! (and the payment isn't worth it) Has anyone done this? I saw a post about it last year but there weren't any responses.

Sounds intrusive to me I won't even do the surveys that you need a web camera for

TVision’s devices are currently installed in some 7,000 homes in the U.S. and Japan as part of an opt-in, Nielsen-style panel, Schiffman said. The idea is to use some of the funding for business development to bring that number up to 15,000.

TVision raises $6.8M to take on Nielsen with thermal eye and emotion tracking tech

Too bad they don't pay well. I'm sure they charge networks and advertisers a premium price for the data so they should also treat their user base the same.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ksedwar said:

Too bad they don't pay well. I'm sure they charge networks and advertisers a premium price for the data so they should also treat their user base the same.

It's $50 after 30 days and $180 after 6 months. Coincidentally, I used to work for Nielsen about 15 years ago. They only paid slightly better but they were just tracking what you watched. Being that this service allows them to scan faces?? Yeah...they need to be paying a whole lot more!