Myopinions- Scam?

Gymjunkie

My partners myopinions account was terminated in May and mine was terminated in June, this happened as soon as we went to redeem $10 vouchers. Was told accounts would be fixed within 15 business days which was yesterday and still can't log in. They are hopeless at replying and their page on Facebook is full of complaints, seems like they've terminated everyone's accounts. Who else has this problem? I'm assuming they have scammed us? It's really getting on my nerves!!!! 

So far I haven't had any problems .However I haven't tried to cash out in quite some time.I thought we were only allowed to cash out in $20 dollar increments?I have less then 20000 in my account and they wouldn't let me try to cash out.Are you in the States?Anyway, ya they are really,really bad about getting back to people.I remember trying years ago and never receiving a answer .Or you could go thru the BBB and see if they could help you get them to answer you.About your account if you and your partner are living at the same address and (I'm trying to learn the lingo)and are using the same computer then you would have the same  IP address ,they may have flagged you for having multiple accounts.They will do this if they think they are being scammed.Being able to talk to someone over at their company and telling them what's going on would be very helpful.So ya try the BBB what do you have to lose at this time.Or if they see you have the same mailing address that could be it too.Good luck.

• 4 months later...

Myopinions are the worst survey site out there. My account was also terminated when I tried to cash out $80. Took them 2 weeks to give me no answer and confirm the account would stay terminated. No reason given.

I then registered with another email and went to cash out $20. Again, account terminated with no reason. 

Do they rip everyone off ?

Why do they wait until cashing out if there is an issue?  So they can keep earning off your survey completed.

Why don't they give you a warning so you can correct whatever is causing an issue.

Never had any issues with any other site.

Don't waste your time with them.

• 4 months later...

is there a place that governs this where complaints can be lodged? I have twice had the cashing out issue. Onc they relented and gave it to me and it has happened again. I think they work on the strategy that most people wont pursue this. 

On 11/24/2018 at 2:50 PM, Alex2200 said:

Myopinions are the worst survey site out there. My account was also terminated when I tried to cash out $80. Took them 2 weeks to give me no answer and confirm the account would stay terminated. No reason given.

I then registered with another email and went to cash out $20. Again, account terminated with no reason. 

Do they rip everyone off ?

Why do they wait until cashing out if there is an issue?  So they can keep earning off your survey completed.

Why don't they give you a warning so you can correct whatever is causing an issue.

Never had any issues with any other site.

Don't waste your time with them.

This happened to me just yesterday.  I went to cash out $65.00 into my PayPal account, and wham! Just like that, account terminated! Angry is not the word!  If they are doing this to so many people, we actually need to take them on.  I emailed them and said that I will report them to the ACCC.  And I will. I am going to call them as well.  They can't keep doing this.  I hope they get shut down.