Did Erewards change their cash out policy

footfree

Cashed out in June for a $25 Macy's gc and then I had enough to cash out just yesterday.It was like 1 month to the date that I got the last one.I really wanted another Macy's gift card however they limit how many you can get each quarter.Or so I thought,I gave it shot I asked for the Macy's gc and got it.Great! So now I wonder did they change that rule?That would be great my Mom loves getting them as gifts.Her b-day is coming up next month and while talking to her yesterday she said I am going to Macy's to use my gift cards- hmm well maybe that was a hint to get her some more- lol.

Oh okay I just assumed it meant that once I cashed I wouldn't be able to get it until another 4 months have passed.I mean realistically how are they going to keep tabs on each panelist separately?Thanks! I guess that worked out well since my mom's b-day is next month.

Glad your mom will have some birthday shopping to do! I always cash out for the Macy's too. I did Denny's once and somebody hacked the cards before I could use them. I"ll stick with Macy's or maybe Starbucks once in awhile.

8 hours ago, nj07208 said:

Glad your mom will have some birthday shopping to do! I always cash out for the Macy's too. I did Denny's once and somebody hacked the cards before I could use them. I"ll stick with Macy's or maybe Starbucks once in awhile.

They have some new ones like Longhorn Steakhouse and Red Lobster-  those could be nice gifts too.

I remember the Denny incident- sorry you weren't able to get it back.

20 hours ago, nj07208 said:

I have never heard of the  hacking of a card.  

2 hours ago, mnleona said:

I have never heard of the  hacking of a card.  

It's a big thing especially near the holidays.It's where people hack online gift codes and its very easy to do.That is why they say if you receive a gift to use it as fast as you can .You never know when the hackers will come across the card number you may have and then use it.

If you would like to read up on it here is a link that can better explain  https://www.wired.com/story/gift-card-hacks/

I actually did get the cards replaced. Denny's sent me new ones directly as they were used online in CA and I live in FL.  And yes, card hacking is VERY common. Use them sooner than later if you get one.