OVERALL NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE

Alexiana

I did surveys for two days. There are numerous reasons why I stopped. #1. It was way too much time on the internet to spend and not rewarding enough. I signed up thinking I'm applying to one company and than told I have to sign up at other companies. Before taking a survey, I am asked questions for a survey which they say is chosen for me, only to than be told I didn't qualify. Another stupid thing is that when the surveys that are chosen for me say they are like $3.50, you do the survey and at the end, it says , "You've made 23 cents for this survey". It's an insult to do these surveys. Now I have someone calling my house every night at 8:30 P.M. soliciting a survey from me. The only thing good that came out of this is now I know first hand of the process and can inform people of how ridiculous it is.

• Like 1

I make good money doing surveys. I do spend a lot of time on line. I belong to numerous survey sites, Some payout better than others. You learn quick which sites are worth your time and effort. You also learn which sites to stay away from. I unsubscribe from them very quickly. You also can limit some of the information that they can use. Legit sites tell you to read the privacy policy. No site should be calling you after hours. I also belong to community forums which pay out every month as long as you participate as stated when you join.I also have done numerous product testing. There are good sites out there you just have to weed them out. Survey Police is a good place to start.

To answer a question IPOS  user testing, I have done this on Pinecone before they got taken over. Any of the Communispace forums are legit. You need to participate 6 times in a month to get paid.

Edited by mexpensive33
to answer a question

Alexiana--

Telling us which companies you used would be helpful. I've been doing them about  2-1/2 years, and I've eliminated the crooked ones.

4 minutes ago, mexpensive33 said:

I also belong to community forums which pay out every month as long as you participate as stated when you join.I also have done numerous product testing.

Where are the legit community forums?

And the product testing? In over 2 years of doing surveys, I've received only 2 items.

I think some people expect to get rich quick doing surveys, and most people know that is not possible.  I would love to get in some communities and get some product tests.  I've only been involved in one community, and I have not done a product test for at least three years.  I have done w market research projects so far this year though, and I made a total of $275.  I get emails all the time about other market research projects, but some of them I don't qualify for because I did one about three months ago, and I never qualify for any of the mock jury ones because I did a mock jury at least 5 years ago.  I also work very part time in the medical field, and so that disqualifies me for some studies.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 7:35 PM, Alexiana said:

I did surveys for two days. There are numerous reasons why I stopped. #1. It was way too much time on the internet to spend and not rewarding enough. I signed up thinking I'm applying to one company and than told I have to sign up at other companies. Before taking a survey, I am asked questions for a survey which they say is chosen for me, only to than be told I didn't qualify. Another stupid thing is that when the surveys that are chosen for me say they are like $3.50, you do the survey and at the end, it says , "You've made 23 cents for this survey". It's an insult to do these surveys. Now I have someone calling my house every night at 8:30 P.M. soliciting a survey from me. The only thing good that came out of this is now I know first hand of the process and can inform people of how ridiculous it is.

If you want help weeding out the bad from the good then it's great you came here.Tell us the companies your with and we will tell you which to avoid.Been surveys for 15 years or better.I don't do as many as some here  but I am sure they would be willing to help also.And yes this may give you a few extra bucks per month ,but in no way are you going to be making a living doing it.

• Like 1

We all go to many places and not all are like the places you've experienced. Yes it does take time to weed out the bad ones and no you won't get rich doing surveys.

• Like 2

I keep seeing ads for some of these sights and they show $100 bills as part of it and state "up to $5 per survey".  And then is no fine print.  But there should be.  It is deceptive in my opinion.  The first site I used was QuickRewards.  I spent 45 minutes and got 0.  I was pissed.  That was just the qualifying questions.  I didn't understand it.  But I found other sites and started trying them.  Eventually I dropped QuickRewards and have dropped quite a  few since then.  Not everyone will qualify for the same surveys, which took me a while to catch on to.  I am not sure if this site even existed back then, I didn't know about it.  It would have helped me a ton.  That is why we get on here and complain and rave about these sites.  We alert one another to what we are experiencing. What is a great site for me, may not apply to others.  Alexiana, unless you are just bored with the whole process, keep trying.  You won't get rich, but you might get a card here and there to go out and have a nice dinner, or buy a tank of gas, or be a gift for someone else.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am 80 years old and live in a rural area so I do not qualify a for a lot but for Father's Day I gave my sons and son-in-law gift cards and the amount was over $120.00. Read the message boards for some good advice.