GOOGLE'S RECAPTCHA VERIFICATION IS HORRIBLE

Miles-to-Go

I BELONG TO 35 SURVEY GROUPS AND HAVE TRIED TO USE GOOGLE'S NASTY RECAPTCHA VERIFICATION THAT SOME OF THEM HAVE INSTALLED. MY MAXIMUM TRY IS 33X TO TRY TO GET IN.  GOOGLE HAS MADE IT EVEN WORSE LATELY.  I AM LOSING MONEY, TIME AND PATIENCE.  I NEVER BARGAINED FOR THIS WHEN I SIGNED UP AND CANNOT IMAGINE WHY ANY SURVEY SITE WOULD USE IT, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF SIMPLE VERIFICATIONS LIKE "HOW MUCH IS 2+2?" OR "WHAT COLOR IS THE TRIANGLE?" NIELSEN, FOR ONE, HAS NO PRE-VERIFICATION, JUST A FEW QUESTIONS THROUGHOUT THE SURVEYS.  IT IS DISCRIMINATORY TOWARDS MEMBERS WHO HAVE VISION PROBLEMS, THE PICTURES ARE THE WORST QUALITY, FUZZY, TINY ITEMS IN THE DISTANCE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SPOT AS WELL AS HALF HIDDEN OBJECTS, AS ONE BLOGGER WROTE IN ONE OF 18 EMAILS I GOT ALL AT ONCE FROM THEIR SITE "THIS IS A PIECE OF CRAP".  YES, SOME MODELS HAVE AN AUDITORY OPTION BUT THAT ASSUMES EVERYONE HAS SPEAKERS OR EARPHONES.  I AM BLOCKED CHOOSING MORE SURVEYS AT THE SITES, FROM LOGGING IN, FROM VIEWING MY REWARDS OR REDEEMING THEM.  IT IS INFURIATING!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Miles-to-Go said:

I BELONG TO 35 SURVEY GROUPS AND HAVE TRIED TO USE GOOGLE'S NASTY RECAPTCHA VERIFICATION THAT SOME OF THEM HAVE INSTALLED. MY MAXIMUM TRY IS 33X TO TRY TO GET IN.  GOOGLE HAS MADE IT EVEN WORSE LATELY.  I AM LOSING MONEY, TIME AND PATIENCE.  I NEVER BARGAINED FOR THIS WHEN I SIGNED UP AND CANNOT IMAGINE WHY ANY SURVEY SITE WOULD USE IT, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF SIMPLE VERIFICATIONS LIKE "HOW MUCH IS 2+2?" OR "WHAT COLOR IS THE TRIANGLE?" NIELSEN, FOR ONE, HAS NO PRE-VERIFICATION, JUST A FEW QUESTIONS THROUGHOUT THE SURVEYS.  IT IS DISCRIMINATORY TOWARDS MEMBERS WHO HAVE VISION PROBLEMS, THE PICTURES ARE THE WORST QUALITY, FUZZY, TINY ITEMS IN THE DISTANCE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SPOT AS WELL AS HALF HIDDEN OBJECTS, AS ONE BLOGGER WROTE IN ONE OF 18 EMAILS I GOT ALL AT ONCE FROM THEIR SITE "THIS IS A PIECE OF CRAP".  YES, SOME MODELS HAVE AN AUDITORY OPTION BUT THAT ASSUMES EVERYONE HAS SPEAKERS OR EARPHONES.  I AM BLOCKED CHOOSING MORE SURVEYS AT THE SITES, FROM LOGGING IN, FROM VIEWING MY REWARDS OR REDEEMING THEM.  IT IS INFURIATING!

I really am starting to hate those things sometimes I need to do them 4 or 5 times before I get them right like you said give me a math problem although I have had the what is 2+2 many times and I believe it's 4 but many times after I answer it I am dq

• Like 2

I am also having fits with the recaptchas.  What is their definition of a "street sign" anyway?  Some of the photos are so grainy I can't see if there is a car or a bus in the picture.  I'm not making a living taking surveys but I used to enjoy it before I had to spend 10 minutes going through recaptchas in order to take a 5 minute survey.  

• Like 2

The other issue with Google's reCAPTCHA is that it requires a near perfect connection. If it is not fast enough , it fails to load.

Not fond of it either , but lately have rarely had to do the image thing with it. On click and it gives the green check mark.

• Like 1

One thing you can try is to enlarge your screen. Under the view heading you can zoom in or hit control and + at the same time, after the captcha you can zoom out again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

RECAPTCHA AT Mysoapbox AND MOST SITES IS NOT NECESSARY.  MYSOAP ALREADY HAS A SLIDER PLUS 3 PICTURES TO IDENTIFY VIA DROP-DOWN MENUS, THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH, THEY COULD ALSO USE CHECKS THROUGHOUT THE SURVEY.  OR ALL THEY REALLY NEED IS TO CHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS I AM NOT A ROBOT, AND NONE OF THOSE CRAPPY PICTURES.  NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE AN EYE TEST TO DO A SURVEY OR LOG INTO THEIR ACCOUNT.  IT IS DISCRIMINATORY FOR PEOPLE WITH VISION PROBLEMS AND/OR HEARING PROBLEMS.  WHY ISN'T JUST CHECKING THE BOX ENOUGH!  THESE TECHS HAVE TO BE SUPER PARANOID TO INSIST ON THIS HORRIBLE VALIDATION.  IF NIELSEN AND OTHERS CAN DO WITHOUT IT, SO CAN MY SOAPBOX.  IT IS COSTING ME MONEY, TIME, PATIENCE, I HAVE TRIED UP TO 33X TO ACCESS IT WITH NO LUCK.  THEIR SUPPORT SYSTEM SUCKS. THEY HAVE LIED TO ME FOR MONTHS SAYING THEY'RE LOOKING INTO IT. I HAVE OVER 200 EMAILS PROTESTING IT, SOME FROM GOOGLE'S RECAPTCHA WEBSITE.  IT IS STOPPING PEOPLE FROM CONDUCTING BUSINESS.  MAYBE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT WOULD FIX THIS ABOMINABLE AND UNNECESSARY VERIFICATION. 

• Like 3

I prefer the picture puzzles slightly over the older style "type the nonsense string of letters that are on screen in some ridiculous font that no human eye could possibly read" or even worse, the variation used on sites like tinypic.com where they make you watch a @#$% ad and then type in a catch phrase from the ad. :roll:

Having said that though, it's really a crappy way to "secure" a website.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is old... 

But lately I've been having to a ton of verifications...

I've been locked out of several accounts all within a weeks time. They keep giving me some nonsense about a VPN or a Proxy. 

Well... I don't have either. I'm slowly getting back in to my accounts after explaining the issues I'm having. But some have just plain terminated my account!! 

• Like 1

I got one on a survey from Swagbucks last night.  I went through 5 screens and I was choosing them all correctly.  On the 6th block of pictures I x'd out of it.  I don't have time for that.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, rosiesmom said:

I got one on a survey from Swagbucks last night.  I went through 5 screens and I was choosing them all correctly.  On the 6th block of pictures I x'd out of it.  I don't have time for that.

I have had the same thing happen like you said Don t have time for that nonsense

• Like 1