Any other survey boards out there?

NFriday

Hi- Are there any other survey forums people would recommend?  I occasionally go on slickdeals, but there is not as much activity on there, and I have run across a few reddit groups such as beer can money, but are there any other groups?

• Like 1

Just reddit. I kind of love/hate it, lol. It's very comprehensive, though, and you can find entire forums (much like here-NOT as well moderated) on a specific survey site, etc. They have "beermoney" which I use and also work online and something called "churning" which I am both fascinated by and never, ever doing, lol!

• Like 1

In addition to beermoney, there's also /r/paidstudy/

I am not aware of any particularly good other survey forums other than this one and reddit. Those are the two I check. And yeah, churning is awesome.

• Like 1

Does churning involve signing up for lots of credit cards such as ones where they pay you $200 for opening up an account, and then closing the account as soon as you get your money?  I think I will pass on that.  Somebody here says that is how he gets free miles at Southwest by signing up for one of their credit cards and then closing the account.  That sounds too risky to me.  There was another board that some woman ran a few years ago who encouraged some shady stuff, and she was always banning people from her board, but I forget the name of the board.

• Like 1

Yes, that is correct, that is what churning is. Not sure what sounds "too risky" to you, but I agree it's not for everyone. I don't churn particularly aggressively, maybe one or two cards a year at most (actually technically less than that, since some of the cards I get the signup bonuses for, I decide to keep long-term, which isn't technically churning, but I did still get the signup bonus, I just can't wait 2 years and then try to get it again. ;)) But I do always have Southwest points, and Chase is often the one paying for my hotels and/or car rentals, too. ;)

You definitely don't want to do "shady stuff", though - not least because banks will figure it out eventually and ban you, and you obviously don't want that. Some people at churning do what's called "manufactured spending" to get through minimum spends on large numbers of cards a year, which basically entails buying money-equivalents on a card in some way and then converting them back to money, but making it look like you're spending a lot on the card. That's a bit of a grey area (it's not technically illegal, but banks obviously don't like people doing it) - I've never done it myself, so I only get a new card with a signup bonus when I already know I'm going to be making some type of large purchase.

• Like 2