Survey Sites That Don't Charge PayPal Fees

Administrator

Hello all,

We're trying to figure out which survey sites charge and don't charge a PayPal fee for cash redemptions. In other words, which survey sites deduct between 1-3% of your requested cashout amount, and which award the full amount (i.e. you request $10, you get the full $10)?

If you get dinged by PayPal itself when you transfer your money to your bank account, that's a separate issue; for most people this is free (business accounts especially may have different rules) .

Can you help us out? Here's what we have so far (we will update these lists as information comes in):

Survey sites that do not charge a fee for PayPal withdrawls:

Survey sites that charge a fee for PayPal withdrawls:

Also, if we're forgetting any sites that are not on this list, please let us know and we'll add them here.

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

You have to be careful in assessing if a site charges or not. Where you earn cash , a fee would be obvious. Most sites pay in points and therefore can hide the fee in the points. For example , if a site charges 3000 points for a $20 Paypal payout , are 1500 points equal to $10 or is it more like 1250 points = $10 and the extra 250 points are the fee? mysurvey and mypoints are excellent examples.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 12:59 AM, episemion said:

You have to be careful in assessing if a site charges or not. Where you earn cash , a fee would be obvious. Most sites pay in points and therefore can hide the fee in the points. For example , if a site charges 3000 points for a $20 Paypal payout , are 1500 points equal to $10 or is it more like 1250 points = $10 and the extra 250 points are the fee? mysurvey and mypoints are excellent examples.

That's true episemion. Sometimes these fees are built in ahead of time, versus subtracted afterwards during the PayPal transaction itself.

In most cases these fees are still calculable; in the example you give, if 1250 points = $10 for most rewards, but PayPal is offered at 1500 points, the premium for PayPal cash outs would be 20% (250/1250).

If you have actual numbers handy for a survey panel, we'd love to hear them!

At mysurvey , Amazon cards are:

$5      550 points         $10   1100 points      (same ratio for higher amounts)

Paypal is:

$5      600 points          $10    1200  points    (same ratio for higher amounts)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, episemion said:

At mysurvey , Amazon cards are:

$5      550 points         $10   1100 points      (same ratio for higher amounts)

Paypal is:

$5      600 points          $10    1200  points    (same ratio for higher amounts)

Thanks for the info episemion. The list has been updated!

Anyone else have any info regarding PayPal redemptions on the survey panels listed at the top of this thread?

Just remembered another factor that plays into being charged for a redemption , including Paypal. If a site uses a third party redemption company , the extra points are likely for the fee charged by the processor. I know mysurvey uses Perks Plus to handle their redemptions.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:52 AM, episemion said:

Just remembered another factor that plays into being charged for a redemption , including Paypal. If a site uses a third party redemption company , the extra points are likely for the fee charged by the processor. I know mysurvey uses Perks Plus to handle their redemptions.

Yes, good point - the more touchpoints there are between different companies, the higher the admin costs, and the higher likelihood of fees associated with processing being passed on to survey takers.

Also, we've just updated the list again. Hoping to keep this as current and as accurate as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

DigaYGane charges a fee.  When you select PayPal it states, "PayPal charges a 2% handling fee for transferring money to your PayPal account." and any time I've chosen that option, sure enough I only received $12.25 from my $12.50 cash out.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, NaomiNo said:

DigaYGane charges a fee.  When you select PayPal it states, "PayPal charges a 2% handling fee for transferring money to your PayPal account." and any time I've chosen that option, sure enough I only received $12.25 from my $12.50 cash out.

Thanks for the info NaomiNo! We've added this to the list above.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, LAM9 said:

Prolific stopped taking fees from July onwards

Thanks for the information LAM9! Sorry for the late thank you. Appreciate your contribution.