Goodbye Darwin's Data??

nj07208

I just completed a survey involving a legal dispute. It was a video of a man giving both sides of a case and then I answered a few questions. The video was 16 minutes long so it probably took 20 min all together and paid $2.00. Looking like these lawyers will just run these things thru a survey site now for a LOT less. What's the future for Darwin's Data or those mock trials in the long run?

I've never heard of this site, but I'm new to all of this.  The site says their mock trials take an hour and you receive $25 Tango Card for one survey.  That sounds like a good deal to me and pretty interesting.  What's the catch?

Haven't had one either in a few years  and the last time I emailed them to see if my account was okay and would I be receiving any surveys from them in the future and they did answer me and were very snotty as I recall 

I received 1 survey and then nothing - like others it's been a few years.I'm sure once they found out they could get cheaper results they went that route- plus while some of us are honest and ethical there are those who take surveys that are not.So with them getting off paying less and the people who cheat them probably was why we don't hear from them as much if at all.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:22 PM, peach6 said:

Haven't had one either in a few years  and the last time I emailed them to see if my account was okay and would I be receiving any surveys from them in the future and they did answer me and were very snotty as I recall 

I went to their Facebook page and there were lots of older posts from people asking if their accounts were still good and they were never responded to. That's a really strange way to run a survey company. Maybe they could say upfront that it's a one-time thing if that is the case. 

I think I did two mock trials with them, and I did get paid the $25.  But that's been at least two or three years and nothing since.  Maybe 'cause I'm now past 70 which is beyond the age for jurors in many states?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SeasonedVeteran said:

I think I did two mock trials with them, and I did get paid the $25.  But that's been at least two or three years and nothing since.  Maybe 'cause I'm now past 70 which is beyond the age for jurors in many states?

Which I don't understand people in their 70's have more time and are willing to do more of this.I  got selected to be on a grad jury well not selected but rather to see if they would pick me or not.They said if I was over 70 I had the option to recluse myself.So if you want to join it's totally up to you at least here in Texas.

rosiesmom (and everyone else), I also got an email from them yesterday asking me to update my information. The last survey I got from them was way over a year ago. Wish I got more. Their surveys are tedious and long but $25 is great and they always paid. Maybe the update means something is coming? Hope so.

• Like 1