One opinion-product test

peach6

Wow, that's sketchy as all get-out. I'll be keeping an eye out for this method, not that I would have ever said yes if I'd come across it on my own anyway, but at least I know it's in the rotation right now.

10 hours ago, peach6 said:

I agree with you they are better in comparison but still don't think there are as good as they used to be

Yeah, they used to actually be good. Then again, Opinion Outpost also used to actually be good, too, back when I first started with this hobby... I miss those days. (One Opinion was good well after all the other similar sites had started being laughably terrible. Now all the other sites like it are so terrible it's not even funny anymore, and One Opinion is... ok.)

I haven't seen a product test survey like that yet, but if they've been popping up on One Opinion, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I do see one. And yeah, I definitely wouldn't touch it. Sounds super sketchy.

On 9/1/2018 at 3:12 AM, spider said:

I got that one yesterday AND I got another one right afterwards for this tea and coffee maker. I don't drink tea or coffee so that was an easy choice but the thing cost 179 dollars and I thought that was pretty crazy to expect someone to pay if they liked the product. I said no to both and got my 50 points for DQ.

Just got 2 or was it 3 this morning.One for the pressure cooker and then the other was for the Ninja blender,maybe another not sure but anyways.I guess it's another way for them to get money.I guess those infomercials aren't as lucrative as they use to be. I look at it as we get 50 points just for saying no-we don't have to watch the infomercial and it's really not invasive unless you actually sign up for it. I'll look at it from their point of view-If a company came to you and asked you to send out info about buying their product and wanted to pay you for it wouldn't you say yes?As long as they are not pressuring me into giving out my credit card number I don't have a problem .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, footfree said:

Just got 2 or was it 3 this morning.One for the pressure cooker and then the other was for the Ninja blender,maybe another not sure but anyways.I guess it's another way for them to get money.I guess those infomercials aren't as lucrative as they use to be. I look at it as we get 50 points just for saying no-we don't have to watch the infomercial and it's really not invasive unless you actually sign up for it. I'll look at it from their point of view-If a company came to you and asked you to send out info about buying their product and wanted to pay you for it wouldn't you say yes?As long as they are not pressuring me into giving out my credit card number I don't have a problem .

I received it on another site this morning I just hope this isn't what they are going to start doing instead of giving you a normal free product to test.

52 minutes ago, peach6 said:

I received it on another site this morning I just hope this isn't what they are going to start doing instead of giving you a normal free product to test.

I kinda understand why they don't send these out for free.I mean $100 to $200 is a little expensive for that.Last expensive product I got free and to test was a Keurig and I still have that .However Keurig's were never infomercials either.I really think they are trying a different avenue to drum up business- plus it's probably cheaper to advertise on these sites then to advertise on tv.

Plus I just got in on a online focus group for next week - they are about the only place I seem to get these from anymore.

49 minutes ago, footfree said:

I kinda understand why they don't send these out for free.I mean $100 to $200 is a little expensive for that.Last expensive product I got free and to test was a Keurig and I still have that .However Keurig's were never infomercials either.I really think they are trying a different avenue to drum up business- plus it's probably cheaper to advertise on these sites then to advertise on tv.

Plus I just got in on a online focus group for next week - they are about the only place I seem to get these from anymore.

Things sure have changed in the survey world I haven't done a focus group or a product test in a long time I was never that crazy on the focus group but I really liked the test products.

I haven't gotten any product tests like that.  I do get lots of emails for market research panels though, and I have done two market research studies so far this year.  I just got one from Plaza Research which was a national study.  They were looking for people who ate out at least once a week.  I do not, and so I did not even try for that one.  It paid $100.

14 hours ago, NFriday said:

I haven't gotten any product tests like that.  I do get lots of emails for market research panels though, and I have done two market research studies so far this year.  I just got one from Plaza Research which was a national study.  They were looking for people who ate out at least once a week.  I do not, and so I did not even try for that one.  It paid $100.

Still have a link for that one I would like to fill it out- I bet it's all full by now though

I have never gotten into a Plaza research one I think they are probnrbaly the hardest ones to do

I got another email about that one last night, but I deleted it, but it is on their Facebook page.  I don't think I have ever gotten into a Plaza Research one.  I get emails from them at least once a week about national studies.  I have gotten a ton of surveys from OneOpinion the last few days about casual restaurant chains, which I am never eligible for.  I don't go out to eat a whole lot, and when I do, I rarely go to chains. They had Ruby Tuesday, Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, Chilis and a few other chains.   I do go to Peet's and McDonald's to get coffee though.  They have senior coffee at McDonald's.  Last time I was in McDonald's to get coffee, I noticed that they had some new bbq chicken tenders, but a four piece one was $2.99, and plus it had 500 calories, and so I passed.

It was Plaza Research's Fort Lauderdale office that was doing the study.  It takes place next week, and you have to eat out lunch or dinner more than one time a week.  I found the email and tried to link it here, but it did not work.  Do you get emails from them?  I get a couple of emails a week from them.

5 hours ago, NFriday said:

I got another email about that one last night, but I deleted it, but it is on their Facebook page.  I don't think I have ever gotten into a Plaza Research one.  I get emails from them at least once a week about national studies.  I have gotten a ton of surveys from OneOpinion the last few days about casual restaurant chains, which I am never eligible for.  I don't go out to eat a whole lot, and when I do, I rarely go to chains. They had Ruby Tuesday, Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, Chilis and a few other chains.   I do go to Peet's and McDonald's to get coffee though.  They have senior coffee at McDonald's.  Last time I was in McDonald's to get coffee, I noticed that they had some new bbq chicken tenders, but a four piece one was $2.99, and plus it had 500 calories, and so I passed.

I have been getting the restaurant surveys myself and I don't t qualify  even though I eat out at least once a week.

Just now, NFriday said:

It was Plaza Research's Fort Lauderdale office that was doing the study.  It takes place next week, and you have to eat out lunch or dinner more than one time a week.  I found the email and tried to link it here, but it did not work.  Do you get emails from them?  I get a couple of emails a week from them.

Yep but I have to admit  really don't read them that much since most of them are from other states then my own.

Most of the market research studies Plaza Research sends me are national studies, which means anybody is eligible for the study.  Most of them I think they do online.

I got the OneOpinion one for the vacuum yesterday. Nope, no way. And for a few days I had been getting surveys that began with "We are looking for people in or near Albuquerque, Dallas, etc." Quick and easy 50 points each time for not living anywhere near these places.

And I've also been getting a lot of the OneOpinion restaurant surveys, too. Think I only qualified for one, but then I rarely eat out more than once a week.

• Like 1