One opinion-product test

peach6

18 minutes ago, NFriday said:

Most of the market research studies Plaza Research sends me are national studies, which means anybody is eligible for the study.  Most of them I think they do online.

Thanks  for the heads up, if I read them better then I would have known they were from all over.So after reading your post I went back and filled them out .Crossing fingers I get in one.

14 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

I got the OneOpinion one for the vacuum yesterday. Nope, no way. And for a few days I had been getting surveys that began with "We are looking for people in or near Albuquerque, Dallas, etc." Quick and easy 50 points each time for not living anywhere near these places.

And I've also been getting a lot of the OneOpinion restaurant surveys, too. Think I only qualified for one, but then I rarely eat out more than once a week.

Just got one asking if I was from Portland area I said no.Which they should know - but like you said it's a easy 50 points.

Also are you getting a lot of surveys with points levels that are strange?Like I just got one for 1510 or it could be for 2345 just odd numbers .I'm like are these real numbers or made up ones - it's not like I ever qualify for these odd point surveys.

• Like 2

They have been teasing me lately with the wacky points.  Yesterday they said I could do a 10 minute survey for 4340 points and when I clicked get started, it said I didn't qualify without asking me a question.

• Like 4

Now it seems they aren't even paying for follow up surveys of product tests.  I had a product test last week. the follow up survey came from some place other than oneopinion  with no mention of rewards and a reward didn't show up on OneOpinion.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the one for the Ninja system.  I told them I was not interested because it was too expensive, and I would never use the product anyway.  They then asked me why I did not care for the product, and what I though was a reasonable price for it.  I probably spent 10 minutes on the survey, and I though I would at least get 50 points, and I already got DQ from Five Surveys early today, and so I did not get any points.  I think they were only going to take something like $20 or $30 off the price of it if I decided to keep it.  I also got a survey from One Opinion today about golfing.  I have only played miniature golfing, and I am not into the game, but for some reason they decided I was eligible for the survey, and asked me all kinds of questions about whether professional golfers have stronger swings than they used to and other questions that I don't know any thing about.  At least I got 500 points for finishing the survey.

• Like 2

I just got another crazy one from one opinion  They wanted me to order this clip that goes on to your water meter and then install this app on my smartphone and keep it on there for 12 months  I think you would get 100 dollars  not even sure of all the details because I knew I wasn't  doing this. Just give me my 50 points.

these type of surveys are giving me a headache

• Haha 1

This happened to me about Ninja, I did do a Ninja Shark vacuum study where they sent it me a vaccum to try for one month. I shipped it back and got $75.  I was OK with that.

The ones I were getting for the coffee maker-really nice- they did like 3 surveys and were giving me more and more discounts. I think the last was $100. I just want to buy what I want. The coffee maker was more fancy than I wanted.

Again it just seems shady. 

• Like 1

I have had several similar "offers" and they feel like a monumental SCAM!  I would never pay for the privilege of evaluating a product.  I remember when BzzAgent started demanding panel members pay for the products they were expected to gush about to anybody/everybody. Think twice and act once, there is something inherently wrong with this system.

As long as Ninja pays these survey companies to conduct these surveys they will continue to .It's no sweat off their noses they are getting paid to do their job.Plus as much as it is costing Ninja I bet if they get 100 to 200 people to sign up and do the study then they are making their money back going down this avenue.So until they stop making money doing this we will have to put up with it.At least that is my take on the whole thing.

• Like 1