One opinion-product test

peach6

The one I just received from One Opinion was crazy  I believe it was to test a product I believe it was some sort of pressure cooker I was to pay for the product at a discount try the item and then do the survey if I wanted to keep the product I would pay the balance due if I didn't want to keep it I could send it back for a refund they would give you a number to call and you would put it on a charge card,..........I declined  never had anything like this  did anybody else get it?

I don't like that idea- it's one thing to do surveys and a totally different thing to ask us for our credit card info to buy a product.But I did get  a survey that would give me a free product however I think it all hinged on me joining their club after I got to try the product for free.It was for hair dye and I thought it was over priced so I said I probably would never join and they said they didn't have my color of hair dye, which was brown.Didn't believe that one but no problem  I will continue to buy it where I always have for a third of the price.For the lady's who dye their own hair $27.00 is a lot when you can buy it at Sally's for $7.19 and get 3 dye's out of the box.

I got that one yesterday AND I got another one right afterwards for this tea and coffee maker. I don't drink tea or coffee so that was an easy choice but the thing cost 179 dollars and I thought that was pretty crazy to expect someone to pay if they liked the product. I said no to both and got my 50 points for DQ.

• Like 1

That is just so wrong of them  to expect you to pay for an appliance product test.  I once did a product test for a pizza oven, didn't have to pay for it and they let me keep it.

• Like 2

i got one yesterday too not sure if it was from One Opinion...it was for one of those robotic vac cleaners & they wanted me to pony up half of 499.99 and if i wanted to keep it i could pay the rest less a discount for trying it..passed on that big time

• Like 2

I am glad I was not the only one that received this I hope this isn't going to be the norm because I won't be doing any products to test not that I get very many anymore  I used to get one probably every month

Are they in the selling business?  Geez, that sounds pretty fishy to me.  I haven't been on that site in a few months and am now thinking I need to just kiss it goodbye.  That sounds crazy.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

Are they in the selling business?  Geez, that sounds pretty fishy to me.  I haven't been on that site in a few months and am now thinking I need to just kiss it goodbye.  That sounds crazy.

Most of their surveys are on the up and up.I make more money on this site then others, however I will pass on product surveys that want us to pay for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, footfree said:

Most of their surveys are on the up and up.I make more money on this site then others, however I will pass on product surveys that want us to pay for them.

This was the first time I had anything like this I am finding that One Opinion is not as good as it used to be I used to do really well with them I would be able to cash out every month not the case anymore

I had the same experience. It was for a Ninja coffee maker and in my case I don't think they even offered a reduced price. Also. no money for testing it. I did however get 500 points. Yeah I'm lucky. Ha. It really is off putting when I could just try the product and if not satisfied take it back. Mine was through Kitchen My-Take.

• Like 1

Did anybody get the Insurance Survey on One Opinion?

Don't really get very many on the weekends but started doing this one I thought I wouldn't qualify and would at least get the 50 points but I did qualify and started doing it you had to read the policies I read the first page and then the second page and then I looked at the bottom and there were 23 pages to read  so I should have closed it but I wanted to see where this was headed and figured I could still dq  I just skimmed the rest of the pages  and then it asked me one question at the end if I would be interested in this policy and I clicked on the answer that said I would need more information and that was the end of the survey and received 1000 points.

How can they expect anybody to read 23 pages

• Like 1
  • Confused 1