Getting DQ because you wear glasses?

NFriday

Hi- There is a deals Facebook page that I post on a lot, and somebody asked yesterday if there were any good survey sites.  The person that runs the group suggested Opinion Outpost and Pinecone.  I said they are not as good as they used to be, and gave a link to survey police forum.  I also mentioned that you don't get rich doing surveys, and a 35 year old with 2 kids does a lot better than somebody who is 65.  Somebody there who is 62, posted that one of the survey companies that she does surveys for, DQ her a few times because they figured out she was wearing glasses.  Has anybody else had this happen to them?  It has never happened to me.  She did not mention which company it was.

There apparently is an electronic eye on the website, and they can tell through that.  Apparently if you are wearing contacts you can get away with it.  She said it was a large survey company, but she did not mention which one.  It has only happened to her a few times.

1 hour ago, NFriday said:

Hi- There is a deals Facebook page that I post on a lot, and somebody asked yesterday if there were any good survey sites.  The person that runs the group suggested Opinion Outpost and Pinecone.  I said they are not as good as they used to be, and gave a link to survey police forum.  I also mentioned that you don't get rich doing surveys, and a 35 year old with 2 kids does a lot better than somebody who is 65.  Somebody there who is 62, posted that one of the survey companies that she does surveys for, DQ her a few times because they figured out she was wearing glasses.  Has anybody else had this happen to them?  It has never happened to me.  She did not mention which company it was.

I haven't been dq  for wearing glasses but I have done some surveys that ask if you wear glasses to make sure you are wearing them  if I did dq I don't think it was because I wear glasses.

• Like 1

Could it have been a survey that uses your webcam? I'm not thrilled about the whole webcam thing, and I often don't do them as it usually requires me to get up and comb my hair first. :lol: But I did do one that asked me to remove my glasses so my eye movement could be better tracked. Problem was then that I could hardly see the screen/questions!

1 hour ago, NevadaJones said:

Could it have been a survey that uses your webcam? I'm not thrilled about the whole webcam thing, and I often don't do them as it usually requires me to get up and comb my hair first. :lol: But I did do one that asked me to remove my glasses so my eye movement could be better tracked. Problem was then that I could hardly see the screen/questions!

No it wasn't a webcam survey I think it was a survey that the print was rather small  I won't do the webcam surveys I am Leary of them

• Like 2

I did a market research thing last year, where they gave me a webcam to participate in the study.  Somebody was coming out with a new prescription for dry eyes, and they asked for my opinion on the information that came with the prescription.  They paid me $100.

• Like 1