Pinecone payout with Paypal did you know

footfree

That if you wait and accumulate points it's cheaper.If you turn in 300 points it's $3.oo - however if you wait and have 500 or   1000 points you can turn that in for $5.00 to $10.00.I mean turning it in every time at 300 points can cost you to lose  money in the long run.

I think it's all the same, 100 = $1.00  they don't charge to get your rewards so it doesn't matter . But how do you get 500 points or even 1000 points?   I'm not sure If I've seen anything other than 300 points for pay pal, they use it as a unit and ask how many units you want to cash out. I usually cash out 2 units that = $6.00.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, somelady said:

I think it's all the same, 100 = $1.00  they don't charge to get your rewards so it doesn't matter . But how do you get 500 points or even 1000 points?   I'm not sure If I've seen anything other than 300 points for pay pal, they use it as a unit and ask how many units you want to cash out. I usually cash out 2 units that = $6.00.

Correct. The points at Pinecone are simply worth a penny a point (100 = $1.00). Since there is no charge for Paypal , it matters not how many you cash out. When I was still with them , cash out for the US site was in $3.00 units as you state. Not sure what the units are for Canada.

Where money is lost is in cashing out via check. But , the money lost is on the Pinecone side , not the user's. That was one reason they changed to allowing you to accumulate points and cash out all at once - mailing for one check vs, many checks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, somelady said:

I usually cash out at $20 each time.Which would leave me having a extra 100 each time.However this time I got caught up and they don't owe my anything as I have a 0 balance. I don't know know maybe it's me but I think if I were to cash out at $3.00 every time they may boot me.I guess what I should have said is the longer you accumulate the points and let the roll over points add up then you will get to the next cash out pay level even quicker the next time.Hope that makes since.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, footfree said:

I usually cash out at $20 each time.Which would leave me having a extra 100 each time.However this time I got caught up and they don't owe my anything as I have a 0 balance. I don't know know maybe it's me but I think if I were to cash out at $3.00 every time they may boot me.I guess what I should have said is the longer you accumulate the points and let the roll over points add up then you will get to the next cash out pay level even quicker the next time.Hope that makes since.

As long as I've been with them I mostly cash out just 300 points. Most of the time I need that $3.00 right away. When I don't have an immediate need I let it build up. They haven't complained.

• Like 1