Social Media and those freebie sites

GammiWoo

The freebie sites and product campaign trials sites are killing surveys also because of the widespread sign ups by people that don't know what they're doing or really, don't want to do it correctly. I realize the research companies need a vast range of participants but if I see another Forthright ad on social media - and I mean all of the social media sites-I"m going to scream. It's already almost impossible to earn on theirs anymore. It used to be if you had time you could go through several survey qualifying rounds but now I, at least, get dq'd immediately. Also, these freebie pages are telling people they can earn so much by doing surveys. I've also seen social media really damage small companies when they don't get their free samples. It's appalling. Now, the product campaign pages have just put survey links as well as user testing on their pages and guess what? Thousands of new sign ups per day! Slows down verification and payouts. It also invites a lesser caliber of tester and by THAT I mean people who are asking how to get through surveys quickly. They literally ask on FB "Should I lie?" "What should I tell them to get in?" "How should I answer?" Hell, read the sign up page. There are also people selling product trial invites. I don't even know how that works but there they are on social media. "I'll take $5 or $10 via paypal. You can sign up with your address on my link". Apparently, it went to that pretty quickly because these "Freebie queens" are now tap dancing to get statements pinned to their pages about being honest and how you're really supposed to do it. I think they're finding that their own statuses have diminished with these companies because of them putting it out there and we all know that product trials are what? CONFIDENTIAL and surveys demand quality answers. GAH! Sorry for the rant but man, the effects of these idiots trying to work the system is affecting the people who follow rules and do answer honestly. I belong to some sites and have for years. Now, I get emailed invites but products are gone because of the influx of new sign ups and people just getting free stuff. I bet they don't even do the follow up. :(  Anyone else have thoughts on this or have you noticed? This is a bit rambling and I'm sorry. I usually write better but it's been a stressful couple days around here. 

To be completely honest, I used to follow those pages and sign up for stuff BUT I have answered honestly and actually fit the requirements. I haven't signed up from their links in a long time. I follow them now because I am "monitoring", lol, this activity. It's pretty bad. I got an email from Spectrum about something I was qualified to receive. I read the email, checked a couple of others and 7 minutes later went back to the email to claim. ALL the products (and they make a large number available) were gone. A sign up process that is open for 3-7 days closes within hours of opening. Are these companies dumb or just unaware? I hope they track the sign up links and are able to figure out what's going on. @peach6 @neminem what do you think? Have you any knowledge of these things?

EDITED TO ADD: I think I got so salty because after finding this out, I went to Facebook. I checked times and 1-2 minutes after getting the email, someone else on the panel had gotten the email and ALREADY POSTED IT AND IT HAD SEVERAL COMMENTS WITH PEOPLE TAGGING OTHERS. It just doesn't feel right and I don't think that's how the companies want it to work but I could be wrong. I get several things to try-I'm not mad about the product. This is a tough "field" to work in and I feel like they are already making it worse.  

2 hours ago, GammiWoo said:

To be completely honest, I used to follow those pages and sign up for stuff BUT I have answered honestly and actually fit the requirements. I haven't signed up from their links in a long time. I follow them now because I am "monitoring", lol, this activity. It's pretty bad. I got an email from Spectrum about something I was qualified to receive. I read the email, checked a couple of others and 7 minutes later went back to the email to claim. ALL the products (and they make a large number available) were gone. A sign up process that is open for 3-7 days closes within hours of opening. Are these companies dumb or just unaware? I hope they track the sign up links and are able to figure out what's going on. @peach6 @neminem what do you think? Have you any knowledge of these things?

EDITED TO ADD: I think I got so salty because after finding this out, I went to Facebook. I checked times and 1-2 minutes after getting the email, someone else on the panel had gotten the email and ALREADY POSTED IT AND IT HAD SEVERAL COMMENTS WITH PEOPLE TAGGING OTHERS. It just doesn't feel right and I don't think that's how the companies want it to work but I could be wrong. I get several things to try-I'm not mad about the product. This is a tough "field" to work in and I feel like they are already making it worse.  

I have never done that before  not thrilled about giving my email out

• Like 1