Sears is filing for bankruptcy

NFriday

It was just in the news today that Sears is going to file for bankruptcy.  If anybody has any Sears GC I would use them up soon.  They have not made any money since 2010.  I don't know how that is going to affect Land's Inn.  The only Sears store that is any where remotely convenient for me is closing, and they have everything 30% off.  There are no Sears stores open anymore in Chicago where they started.  They were done in by online sales.

• Like 1

I drove past our mall two weeks ago and realized that our Sears had already closed.  Man, they must not have sold anything off, just moved it somewhere else.

• Like 1

Sears officially filed for bankruptcy today, but I heard that they are going to try to reorganize.  I did not know that they did not have the catalog anymore.  They got rid of it in 1993.  My mother used to order tons of stuff from Sears and Penny's catalog.

• Like 2

We used to get some great catalogs, Spiegel, Aldens, Penneys, Sears, it was always a thrill just to look through them.  We couldn't afford much of any of it, but it was fun to look.  Our Bergners (large department store) went out of business.  But I have heard that they will come back under BonTom.  We had a BonTom store in the same mall and it closed 3 years ago.  Too bad that so many stores are closing.  I heard ToysRUs is possibly making a comeback.

• Like 1

I loved and remember the catalogs as well. We had a store downtown where you would go and pick up what you ordered. Usually took about a week or two. 

I also loved looking through them. :razz:

• 3 years later...
On 10/16/2018 at 1:22 AM, NFriday said:

Sears officially filed for bankruptcy today, but I heard that they are going to try to reorganize.  I did not know that they did not have the catalog anymore.  They got rid of it in 1993.  My mother used to order tons of stuff from Sears and Penny's catalog.

They shouldn’t shut down completely, maybe stay on as an electronics and home goods store like Best Buy or Lowes. They have a good brand, it would a shame to lose it.