Famous People Ranking Survey (MySurvey)

MetfanBren

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this survey, on mysurvey or anywhere else? It goes through Global Test Market and asks the 10 or so ridiculous questions first (have you gone skydiving in the last 6 weeks?) before it takes you to the survey. The survey number is always something like,  "MG24922_03,"  and it's always listed as 100 points and 15 minutes long.

The big problem is that nearly every time I take one I get to 97% or so and they boot me out with no reward. I think once out of seven or so times I was awarded the 100 points. When I tried to send in a complaint it says,  "MG24922_03  is not a valid survey."  It was only when I removed the lower case slash  (so it read  MG2492203)  that it allowed me to submit a request to their support. I've finally sent one in with a screen shot showing me at 97% completion to prove that I've been taking them, but who knows with them? There's still about five more listed on my survey list!

I'm obviously not going to keep wasting my time, which is a shame because they really only take about 10 minutes at the most and would be an easy 100 points.

Screenshot (111).png

I got a survey yesterday from mysurvey that took me 30 minutes to do, and you had to rate businesses such as Aldi's ,Macy's, and Walmart.  You had to consider both in store purchases  and online ones.  It finally said I completed the survey, but then I got no how was this survey page that they always send out, and I am sure I did not get my points.  Did anybody else get that one?

21 hours ago, NFriday said:

I got a survey yesterday from mysurvey that took me 30 minutes to do, and you had to rate businesses such as Aldi's ,Macy's, and Walmart.  You had to consider both in store purchases  and online ones.  It finally said I completed the survey, but then I got no how was this survey page that they always send out, and I am sure I did not get my points.  Did anybody else get that one?

Yes, I got all the way to the end and nothing. I had no recourse either as I couldn't get the link. It stinks.

I've had the famous people one and had no problems with crediting. Although I hate when they ask you how closely you follow/know a celebrity, and then when I almost always answer not closely (I'm not into the whole celebrity thing myself), I have to answer a whole bunch of questions about someone I know very little about.

Here's a good one though. Had a mysurvey survey that was sort of an inventory of devices in the household that use batteries. It listed at three minutes for 5 points. So I thought what the heck, why not. But once I saw the inventory that had to be done I knew there was no way it was gonna take just three minutes. That had to be wrong! So I guessed it was a typo or such, and I would get decent credit for the inventory. Wrong! Stupid me! Took nearly an hour, and what did I get? Five points! A nickel for an hour's work! Shame on me! :sad:

Agree. But I only do the penny surveys when I've exhausted all other options everywhere and still want to do something. Still kinda pathetic, I know. :-(

• Like 1

I got 7 of those surveys a week ago directly from GTM (none from MySurvey), all different celebrities but exact same questions, completed the whole lot in under an hour and had no problem with points crediting (also 100 points a piece).

Thank you all for the responses. I've heard back with the usual mysurvey nonsense. First they said they were not legitimate survey numbers, then they said that I had screened out. After that I took the exact same survey and contacted them with a screenshot showing it 97% completed, which is about where it always gets to. If they try and say that I screened out at 97% after answering all of those questions they're much pretty admitting to running a scam.

I may even make a habit of doing this, as they have tried it in the past on other surveys as well. Sad that we have to though!