Tried to do a focus group last night but................

footfree

When I logged in it was already full.I went in about 30 minutes prior to it starting and this what happened.I mean I was surprised. I understand being early, but I wonder how early we should show up?

• Like 1

I never did an online focus group before. Most of them I applied to also required that I have webcam technology. I prefer the in-person ones and it is always a good excuse to go into NYC. 

On 10/24/2018 at 3:04 PM, footfree said:

When I logged in it was already full.I went in about 30 minutes prior to it starting and this what happened.I mean I was surprised. I understand being early, but I wonder how early we should show up?

I missed out on 2 of those for the same reason. One of them said I was too early and wouldn't let me in, when I went back a few minutes later they were full.

I think it would be better if they registered only the number of people they need for the group, then everyone would get in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a market research study from an outfit in Des Plaines that I have never worked with before, and they are paying me  $275 for a 2 3/4 hour survey on hearing aids.  There is an hour where they don't need you but you can't leave the building.  They warned me to show up 15 minutes early.  If I am late they will not let me in the study.  It is on hearing aids, and they are looking for people who have some hearing loss, but do not have a hearing aid.  They are going to let you try their hearing aid.

I have done one webcam study which paid me $75 and gave me a free webcam.  I had another study where I had to log in every day for three days.  I like in person studies, but they are hard to get into.  The only ones I seem to be able to get into are health related ones or ones for people on Medicare.  I did a mock trial one about five years ago, and I enjoyed it, but once you do one you are disqualified from doing another one.

• Like 1

I just did one the other night and it was for an hour and paid $30.  They were specific about when to log in.  and there quite a few people logged in when I did 30 minutes before it started.  I did get to participate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

you need to just keep refreshing the page (pain in the behind) but people drop out and spaces open. I usually start about 35 minutes early and have never missed one. I have probably done about 15-20 of em.

• Like 1