Anybody else been getting political surveys?

NFriday

Hi- Boy I will be glad when the election is over in nine days.  I am so sick of all of the political ads on tv, and it seems like I am getting a ton of  political surveys including some that are not from YouGov..  The govenor's race is really heated here in Illinois, and I am not crazy about either candidate.  They both are very wealthy, and have lots of money to spend on ads.  There were two other candidates in the Democratic primary, but they did not have the money to run as many ads as JB Pritzer did,, and he also got lots of union support

I have been getting lots of surveys about the governors race, and a few about other elections that are not as hotly contested.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I actually love the surveys during election time. I'm sick of getting this one particular one (I live in Illinois also) but I look forward to this time of year in the survey world. I know, I'm weird.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, spider said:

I actually love the surveys during election time. I'm sick of getting this one particular one (I live in Illinois also) but I look forward to this time of year in the survey world. I know, I'm weird.

I don't really mind them either

• Like 3

I think I've made $10 in the last two days just watching ads trashing the Democrat for Senate race in TN.  I've watched the same four commercials over and over.  I guess they feel it is worth it to pay the money to hammer in their point.

• Like 2

Plenty of political surveys for me here in Nevada, where all the candidates are trashing each other. :lol: Hate the ads, but okay with the surveys as I've already voted and the answering is easy. :91_thumbsup:

• Like 2

I haven't gotten anywhere near as many as I have in previous years. I can only think of maybe 2 and they weren't candidate specific, more dem vs rep. I live in South Florida and there is an opportunity for the first black governor of FL to be elected. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 8:39 PM, NFriday said:

Hi- Boy I will be glad when the election is over in nine days.  I am so sick of all of the political ads on tv, and it seems like I am getting a ton of  political surveys including some that are not from yougov..  The govenor's race is really heated here in Illinois, and I am not crazy about either candidate.  They both are very wealthy, and have lots of money to spend on ads.  There were two other candidates in the Democratic primary, but they did not have the money to run as many ads as JB Pritzer did,, and he also got lots of union support

I have been getting lots of surveys about the governors race, and a few about other elections that are not as hotly contested.

I'm in IL too, I've been getting a lot of them, most of them are by qualtrics and they, plus the survey panels lie about how long the surveys will be. They almost always last longer and they don't give enough answer choices.

• Like 1

I am in Illinois and I voted over a week ago, so when I answer questions about the election, I am speaking in past tense, I am done with this and the ads.  I had a governor's rep call me asking for a vote for their guy and I unleased on her.  Poor thing, I did apologize, but I let her have it and by golly, they have never called back.  So I love getting the political surveys for right now.  If I can get paid to tell them about who I voted for, I will take it!  And you are correct, I am getting them on SB, and other sites as well as YouGov

• Like 1

I love elections and surveys related to it.  If you are tired of political ads on TV,  just do not watch commercial TV,  and  switch to PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) on TV or radio.  No commercials, no political ads, and a lot of well balanced information and interviews with political figures from the right and from the left.  Radio and TV  ads do not mean anything to me. I read the ballot info, read main national newspapers, and listen to the candidates on PBS and NPR (National Public Radio), based on that, I make my voting decision.  I do not need to suffer the TV political ads.  Why should you?

18 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I am in Illinois and I voted over a week ago, so when I answer questions about the election, I am speaking in past tense, I am done with this and the ads.  I had a governor's rep call me asking for a vote for their guy and I unleased on her.  Poor thing, I did apologize, but I let her have it and by golly, they have never called back.  So I love getting the political surveys for right now.  If I can get paid to tell them about who I voted for, I will take it!  And you are correct, I am getting them on SB, and other sites as well as yougov

I had forgot about the phone calls, my phone number changed and it's not in my name. It's been about 3 years since I had political calls. I don't miss them at all. I am tired of the ads though.

• Like 1