Prove your not a robot

peach6

I haven't had a robot issue, but I'm still having a problem getting past the "boy had four apples and lost one, how many does he have left?"  Some of them work fine, but there's a certain wording in the question at a few survey places that it always marks me wrong when I hit the 3.  That one must be programmed wrong, but I"m afraid to try one of the other answers in case I'd be flagged as someone who doesn't read the question.  Always fun out there, eh?  :roll:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, penangel said:

I haven't had a robot issue, but I'm still having a problem getting past the "boy had four apples and lost one, how many does he have left?"  Some of them work fine, but there's a certain wording in the question at a few survey places that it always marks me wrong when I hit the 3.  That one must be programmed wrong, but I"m afraid to try one of the other answers in case I'd be flagged as someone who doesn't read the question.  Always fun out there, eh?  :roll:

They change that question a lot, you have to read it each time. Last week he had about 4 apples and gained 3 or something like that, but he gained some. Sometimes he looses 1 sometimes more.

I don't usually have trouble with the boy losing or gaining apples, but those stupid crosswalks, motorcycles, etc. are tripping me up.  I know if it is the whole photo I am going to have to go one more round.  The other night I went through 5 screens.  I was livid when the 6th one popped up and I was certain I was correct on all the others.  So I just x'd out of it.  I am done with that stuff.  If ti goes past 2 screens, I will just close out and find something else to do.  Ridiculous!! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rosiesmom said:

I don't usually have trouble with the boy losing or gaining apples, but those stupid crosswalks, motorcycles, etc. are tripping me up.  I know if it is the whole photo I am going to have to go one more round.  The other night I went through 5 screens.  I was livid when the 6th one popped up and I was certain I was correct on all the others.  So I just x'd out of it.  I am done with that stuff.  If ti goes past 2 screens, I will just close out and find something else to do.  Ridiculous!! 

I have had to do them multiple times and I know I'm answering right

• Like 1

8 hours ago, somelady said:

They change that question a lot, you have to read it each time. Last week he had about 4 apples and gained 3 or something like that, but he gained some. Sometimes he looses 1 sometimes more.

Yes, I know.... the only one that's problematic is the had 4 and lost one.  The rest are fine and accurate.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had a one to one research study and one question the researcher asked is what annoys me the most about certain websites. My answer was those captchas with the pictures that keep showing up even when I know I am clicking on all the correct buses, crosswalks, traffic lights, etc...Web developers should realize that this just turns folks away. I have even seen this on larger retail sites too. It literally just chases customers away. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why do they even ask you to click the box that says you're not a robot if they don't believe you and think there are robots who know how to click the "I'm not a robot." box?  Just send me to the bus/storefront/traffic light thing if you're going to make me do it anyway.

Nothing with marbles or apples so far, but I did get the one that says I broke the rules, even though I just selected the survey and hadn't answered a single question.  I guess they just assume I'm a rule-breaker because I wore one of those Iron Maiden jackets in high school.

50 minutes ago, kepstein8888 said:

Why do they even ask you to click the box that says you're not a robot if they don't believe you and think there are robots who know how to click the "I'm not a robot." box?

The CAPTCHA software is calculating a bunch of things like how the mouse moves and is it being controlled by automation or is it human behavior. It also calculates how long it takes for the box to be checked and how many clicks it takes to check the box. Even if a real human takes too long to check the box or clicks too many times outside of the box they will be denied access because the CAPTCHA software will think it is a bot. I think you can also check the box too fast (like lightning fast) and be considered a bot but that would be hard for a human to do.

Same thing with number/letter CAPTCHAs. It takes a bot a while to fill those in and often mistakes and mis-clicks are made.