Opinion Outpost $600 Tax Limit

memphis_512245

From reading the forums I knew there was the $600 limit before you have to provide info for the 1099, but when I earned more points past the limit I was hopeful.  Today I tried to cash out and it wouldn't let me go beyond the $600 limit before I provide any info, so it looks like I can keep taking surveys, just not cash out anymore this year.

I wonder since I joined in March if I can start cashing out on January 1st or if I have to wait for a full 12 months from when I started.  I'm guessing Jan 1st, but I'll have to see.

You can cash out Jan 1. I do it every year because I don't want to bother with the 1099. I just stop when I'm at $600 and do a Paypal request Jan 1. Never been an issue.

• Like 1

Just went through this. They stop you anywhere between $500-550 before you even get to 600 was my understanding and is what happened to me. I submitted a support ticket with my tax form and I was able to cash out in about 2 hours. TheW9 (?)  is just a blank form you fill out, scan with printer and email back. I didn't miss a beat so if you do have a need to cash out, that's the way to go. You're basically giving the sam PII as usual but with a social. Socials aren't as protected and private anyway as we would like to think so I feel there is minimal risk to it.

• 1 month later...

Don't try this with GTM (not that it matters as they're so bad anymore you're lucky to get near this amount)..   if you earn $600 even if you don't cash it out they'll stop you and ask for the form before you can cash out again.. if you don't give it they'll freeze your account not allowing you to do anymore with them.