Crowdology problems

DWF531

So something strange has happened to my Crowdology account. I had enough money in my balance to make a few cashouts, so I decided to cash them all out. I did one first to see if they were going to pay me as I was already suspicious after reading others complaints. I got the money within an hour so I thought it was ok to continue with the rest, and I requested the rest all at once.

Nothing happened at all for several days, and eventually when I logged in to check, I got a 404 error, and then shortly after I couldn't log in anymore. Am I right in thinking they've banned me for making numerous cashouts at once? Were they annoyed by it? I had a feeling something like this would happen. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Obviously I don't know what happened as I've emailed and still had no response. Not sure what to do next apart from badger them? And I take it the money I requested is as good as gone?

If this is what has happened, I guess I should complain to BBB? What is the full name?

Edited by DWF531
Missed something

A 404 error is a site / browser issue and is temporary. It does not indicate the account has been banned. 

As far as the speed of receiving cash outs , it varies between sites and even between cash outs on a site. Give them a chance. 

The BBB would not be able to assist as the company that runs Crowdology is in the UK. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it just seems abit too much of a coincidence that numerous other people within the past couple of weeks have suddenly reported that they've had exactly the same problem. They either had about £30-40/$30-40 sitting in their accounts, or tried to redeem a similar amount, only to have their accounts suspended in the same way mine was. While I still haven't had any word from them about what's happened (got an email two weeks ago saying they'll look into it), the other people have been told they violated the T&C but not saying what actual rule they broke or how. I've noticed Crowdology have also suddenly disabled the ability to post to their Facebook page as this has been happening, perhaps to avoid negative press? It certainly smacks of suspicious behaviour. Having done some research it appears they apparently do a mass banning from time to time, where they kick loads of people off all at once for some reason. Don't know whether it's true exactly, but it seems likely and seems to be what's happening at the moment. This is all ridiculous and absolutely criminal, surely they can't be getting away with all of this. Does anyone else here have any experience of any of this? Is there a British equivalent of the BBB we can report them to? They're stealing people's money.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact is from experience that 404 thing IS a ban.

I got banned on all Cint panels in September. I was a loyal member on 5 Cint panels including Crowdology for over 3 years. Suddenly got that 404 stuff and yep had it confirmed i'm banned.

To cut it short, I did nothing to breach terms. First port of call was Crowdology. After a few emails they said even agreed with me how I hadn't breached the T and C's and they were asking Cint to re-activate my account.... Nothing happened though.

Basically, every few weeks I contacted Crowdology who said the same thing how they are waiting for Cint to unban me.

I decided to take it up direct to Cint. I asked at start of this month and they said they are still investigating. Yesterday I asked again? Still investigating.

What rubbish. All they have to do is look at how loyal a member I have been, how much money I have made them with honest answers in surveys and say "ok, we will unban you". But nope. I have a feeling they will keep telling me when I contact them that they are "still investigating" hoping I will just give up asking at some point.

I think all you can do is contact trading standards, but then again, will they care?