help I cant log on to Pinecone

footfree

They sent me a login number and password in the beginning.  Then a couple of years back they made me change my password, which I did.  My login characters were numbers, all numbers, and then I did the password.  Do you have the original email from them?  Sorry, it might be quite a while back.   

Username from Pinecone (They call it User ID) is on every survey invite, about in the middle of the body of the email. It is a seven-digit number in my case.

I don't know about the two-step authentication code. Usually that involves getting a text to your mobile number, or something like that. I don't use two-factor authentication because I am leery of giving out my phone number to consumer research companies who might sell my data, and then I get spammed with sales pitches.

Also, there is a "Contact Us" link a the very bottom of the Pinecone page which you can click on without being logged-in.

• Like 1

I kinda remember them sending me this but I dont know where it is.Guess I will have to wait for them to answer my email.I didn't realize I would have to do this every time I wanted to log on.

11 hours ago, footfree said:

I kinda remember them sending me this but I dont know where it is.Guess I will have to wait for them to answer my email.I didn't realize I would have to do this every time I wanted to log on.

I just went on the site and had no problem my password and ID just comes up and hit submit

So I got a response that would answer every other question under the moon except for mine.Plus it seems to be a generic response.I even changed my password and it still asking for that stupid verification code that never seems to come.Guess I need to ask for patience since I sent them off another email asking for a code.

I found this in the Google Authenticator Wikipedia page. Hope this helps.:

Typically, a user installs the Authenticator app on a smartphone. To log into a site or service that uses two-factor authentication, the user provides user name and password to the site and runs the Authenticator app. The app displays an additional six-digit one-time password. The same password is independently generated by the site, which asks the user for it. The user enters it, thus authenticating the user's identity.[citation needed]

For this to work, a set-up operation has to be performed ahead of time: the site provides a shared secret key to the user over a secure channel, to be stored in the Authenticator app. This secret key will be used for all future logins to the site.[citation needed]

With this kind of two-factor authentication, mere knowledge of username and password is not sufficient to break into a user's account. The attacker also needs knowledge of the shared secret key or physical access to the device running the Authenticator app. An alternative route of attack is a man-in-the-middle attack: if the computer used for the login process is compromised by a trojan, then username, password and one-time password can be captured by the trojan, which can then initiate its own login session to the site or monitor and modify the communication between user and site.[citation needed]

That

11 hours ago, Brachra said:

I found this in the Google Authenticator Wikipedia page. Hope this helps.:

Typically, a user installs the Authenticator app on a smartphone. To log into a site or service that uses two-factor authentication, the user provides user name and password to the site and runs the Authenticator app. The app displays an additional six-digit one-time password. The same password is independently generated by the site, which asks the user for it. The user enters it, thus authenticating the user's identity.[citation needed]

For this to work, a set-up operation has to be performed ahead of time: the site provides a shared secret key to the user over a secure channel, to be stored in the Authenticator app. This secret key will be used for all future logins to the site.[citation needed]

With this kind of two-factor authentication, mere knowledge of username and password is not sufficient to break into a user's account. The attacker also needs knowledge of the shared secret key or physical access to the device running the Authenticator app. An alternative route of attack is a man-in-the-middle attack: if the computer used for the login process is compromised by a trojan, then username, password and one-time password can be captured by the trojan, which can then initiate its own login session to the site or monitor and modify the communication between user and site.[citation needed]

Your exactly right ,I forgot I signed up with that  app .Oh well I heard back from them and they disabled the authenticator code for me.Yeah I never should have signed up for that.My memory is short for things like that.I mean if I were to have used it on a regular basis maybe but otherwise -well we saw what happened.Thanks for taking the time out and looking that up that was very nice of you.