Increase in spam on the forum

Administrator

Hello everyone,

Over the past few weeks, we've noticed an increase in spam on the forum. Although some of this spam is being reported, much of it is not. In order to remove spam as quickly as possible, please report it (instructions below).

Some of these spammers are becoming sneakier and are using new tactics in order to seem legitimate. Here are a some of the things they are doing, along with a reminder of what constitutes spam on the SurveyPolice forum:

• Posting referral links or links to personal websites. This is strictly not allowed.
  • Posting messages that say, 'PM me for more information' about a program, "tips", etc. If a user is new to the community, be especially wary.
  • Posting the same topic in multiple forums...this goes for student surveys too. If a user posts their survey in the Student Surveys forum and the General Online Discussion for example, we consider this spam.
  • Claiming that "permission was received" when posting something that looks spammy. Permission is not granted by us for such posts, and if there ever was an instance where something did seem a bit funny but we granted posting permission, we would announce this ourselves.

To report spam on the forum:

1. Hover over the post

2. In the right hand corner of the post, you'll see a message that says 'Report Post'. Click on it.

reportpost.png

3. Enter a quick message explaining why you think this post is spam.

reportpostmessage.png

4. We'll review your report asap and remove the post.

Thank you for helping keep this forum so great everyone! :27_sunglasses:

• Administrator unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, Administrator said:

Hello everyone,

Over the past few weeks, we've noticed an increase in spam on the forum. Although some of this spam is being reported, much of it is not. In order to remove spam as quickly as possible, please report it (instructions below).

Some of these spammers are becoming sneakier and are using new tactics in order to seem legitimate. Here are a some of the things they are doing, along with a reminder of what constitutes spam on the SurveyPolice forum:

• Posting referral links or links to personal websites. This is strictly not allowed.
  • Posting messages that say, 'PM me for more information' about a program, "tips", etc. If a user is new to the community, be especially wary.
  • Posting the same topic in multiple forums...this goes for student surveys too. If a user posts their survey in the Student Surveys forum and the General Online Discussion for example, we consider this spam.
  • Claiming that "permission was received" when posting something that looks spammy. Permission is not granted by us for such posts, and if there ever was an instance where something did seem a bit funny but we granted posting permission, we would announce this ourselves.

To report spam on the forum:

1. Hover over the post

2. In the right hand corner of the post, you'll see a message that says 'Report Post'. Click on it.

reportpost.png

3. Enter a quick message explaining why you think this post is spam.

reportpostmessage.png

4. We'll review your report asap and remove the post.

Thank you for helping keep this forum so great everyone! :27_sunglasses:

I enjoy the forum would hate to see a lot of spam on here

• Like 3

I have been getting a PM from someone but not sure it's spam. The site he lists is legit but I believe he is paid if I was to click on it.If I do get another PM from him, I will list it here.