National Media Panel?

NFriday

Hi- I logged into OneOpinion to take some surveys, and they asked me if I was a member of a streaming service such as hulu or netflix.  I said I was a member of hulu.  Hulu just had a black friday special, where you could sign up for the basic plan for 12 months for $.99 a month.  After your 12 months are up the price goes up for $7.99.  When I told them I belonged to hulu, they invisted me to join national media panel.  Is anybody a member of this panel?  I am not sure how much I am going to get paid if I participate in the panel.  I got the impression that I would be given opportunities to win prizes, but I could be wrong.  If that is the case, then I think I will pass on it.

• Thanks 1

I got something similar yesterday, though I don't remember if it was called National Media Panel. It was a three month long panel with at least weekly check-ins and activities, and you could earn up to $35. Mine was for information on Netflix viewing habits, so you were also required to install a browser extension on your computer, as well as apps on phones and tablets. Considering that I trust most consumer research organizations about as far as I can throw them, there is no way I am giving them access to my devices with their janky security-compromised apps or extensions. I did this once before and it nearly killed my phone. So it was an easy decision for me to decline their offer. YMMV.

I got that last week and since it is not my own personal account but my husbands I passed.Plus I didnt know the passwords. I was thinking I would try but giving up all that info and doing the leg work was actually too much work.What a freaking hassle.

I got the same one from One Opinion yesterday.  5 minutes for 2500 points. I actually tried until I saw a red triangle in my web browser warning me it wasn't secure. That's all I needed to say thanks, but no. I understand being interested in what we watch, so ask. You don't have to be that in our business to know. 

I just recently signed up with Hulu and that is why they keep bugging me.  They are also looking for people who subscribe to Netflix.  If you don't sign up for either one of those, you will probably never hear from them.  I just had a feeling when I looked at their website that I did not want to sign up with them.  You had to open up an account with them in order to complete the One Opinion survey.

Has anyone done this? I’m not sure that I am comfortable giving them my login information, especially for Amazon.  They could go charge a bunch of stuff against my account 

1 hour ago, natofborg said:

Has anyone done this? I’m not sure that I am comfortable giving them my login information, especially for Amazon.  They could go charge a bunch of stuff against my account 

Netflix and Hulu are one thing Amazon is totally different-I wouldn't take the risk of them having all that personal info either not worth whatever measly bucks they are throwing are way to do it

• Like 1