GTM making changes again

yobry1

Just got an email from them saying their moving to a new home. " You asked for change, we’ve listened. The time has come to reveal that we are changing from GlobalTestMarket to LifePoints, our new home. "

First off, THANKS A LOT IDIOTS. You know who you are. Everytime GTM or any other panel makes changes, WE SUFFER with LOWER INCENTIVES. I thought panelist of ANY survey panel would've learned this by now to keep your MOUTH SHUT and not make any suggestions that you want to see changed on their websites bcoz this is what ALWAYS happens. I personally don't care how "boring" a survey panels website is nor how old their survey formats are. Every time they change these things, we get lower incentives. LIVE AND LEARN PEOPLE, PAY ATTENTION to the patterns of survey panels.

58 minutes ago, bluetexas said:

Survey companies don't make changes because they listen to us, they make changes because it benefits them.

And that's just the lie they tell us, no one asked for the changes they actually make.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, somelady said:

And that's just the lie they tell us, no one asked for the changes they actually make.

I totally agree! And I don't think they make changes to punish us for complaining, as the OP seems to be suggesting.

• Like 2

I'm in Canada & have been using Life Points with GTM for almost 4 months now & it's fine with me..I'm finding I'm getting more surveys than ever before & have been cashing out regular with this new point system.

OP needs to grow up instead of calling everyone idiots. These companies change over time whether the OP likes it or not. I remember when Ipoll was Surveyhead. It changed to Ipoll and got better, IMO. I remember when OneOpinion was MyView not too long ago. I doubled what I pull in from them since they changed. I remember the last GTM change, I rake in more now than I did prior.

What I do not attribute to my good survey income fortune, however, is those changes. I attribute it to my demographics changing to desirable demos they WANT to survey.

Some day, I won't bring much, if anything in doing these things. ALL of us need to understand that. Not throw a tantrum whenever some company makes a shift. Does it benefit their bottom line? Of course, no company really survives anymore if nothing benefits their bottom line, capitalism, baby. That's the system we keep propping up, so that's the system to have to learn to navigate to our benefit doing surveys.

I've been doing these for 12 years so far, and feel I've done quite well aging into demographics, climbing the income ladder into demographics, life circumstances changing & pole vaulting me into desired demographics. When I started out, I was doing good to pull 25 bucks a year. Now I fully fund our Christmas and birthdays with a little leftover for random splurges or savings. It won't last forever, though and I know that, I'm not delusional thinking the gravy train will continue forever. Eventually, none of these will apply and I'll fall out of demographics favor. It is what it is.

In short: Bring it on, GTM. Can't wait to see the changes!

The parent company of both GTM and mysurvey is Lightspeed. They are combining them into one new site called LifePoints.  They did the same thing with their Android/IOS apps a year + ago.  I'm sure this is to save money for them and create one user experience. Both of the legacy sites were acquired by mergers years ago.  mysurvey still uses and old web technology called ColdFusion that's been heading towards extinction for nearly 10 years.

My guess is they will combine accounts and banked incentives as part of the merger.  I'm OK with this change.  As peach6 said, I don't think it can be any worse than it is today - hopefully better.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jberri12 said:

The parent company of both GTM and mysurvey is Lightspeed. They are combining them into one new site called LifePoints.  They did the same thing with their Android/IOS apps a year + ago.  I'm sure this is to save money for them and create one user experience. Both of the legacy sites were acquired by mergers years ago.  mysurvey still uses and old web technology called ColdFusion that's been heading towards extinction for nearly 10 years.

My guess is they will combine accounts and banked incentives as part of the merger.  I'm OK with this change.  As peach6 said, I don't think it can be any worse than it is today - hopefully better.

Actually , the parent company to them is Kantar.

Maybe they will get rid of the Lightspeed logo for good.I haven't been with mysurvey for some time.My only beef with them is that they don't always give me  my points I earn nor do they listen to my emails.If this changes I will be happy.Just have to wait even though I am discouraged to do anymore surveys considering they don't like to pay me my earned points.

Kantar is a huge company based out of India.  They bought several market research companies over the past decade which are now subsidiaries, including Lightspeed, TNS, and Milward Brown.  Lightspeed runs both GTM and mysurvey panels as I stated above.  Here's the link to their operating brands.

I doubt their merging the panels is going to improve their customer service, unless the new design improves self-service help.  I would set my expectations low.  I am hoping that their combined site and surveys use responsive design.  Then they will be more compatible with phones and tablets.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 3:39 PM, jberri12 said:

I didn't know that about the web tech.

Makes sense to combine, really, after mergers. Inconvenient for us now and then, but really makes sense on their end.