Healthy Connection

boobiem

I joined a survey panel a 1-1/2 ago.Paid me $5.00 a month..Then they deactivated me .This is the second time I have joined and been let go.I think this is a new wave of taking surveys. Heartless.

This way they have the number of respondants and pay each person monthly.A way that the survey sites save money.Instead of paying out on individual surveys they can give a multitude for a month and pay you 5 dollars.I am starting to see the light.

I've been a member of that panel since mid 2017 - I actually prefer the fixed amount per month approach, as in general, it results in better pay. Admittedly, $5 is on the low end (I lucked into one that's been paying $20 a month for over a year now, and got one that paid $25 a month for about a year before shutting down), but still, they send maybe a survey or two a week, and they've been pretty short - if they were paying per survey, I doubt I'd be getting $5 a month out of it. It is kinda lame of them to let you in and then cancel it a month later, though, seems like that could've been handled better. 

edit: I just noticed in another thread you said it was 1 1/2 years, not months, I misread that. That's not really weird at all - if they want specific demographics, demographics change over time (age, location, etc.) Why would you necessarily expect that you'd be able to stay with a private single-interest panel forever? I'd be pissed if I got booted from a big all-purpose site like Pinecone for no longer matching the demographics they want (presumably they have surveys for all demographics, so I would hope they'd just stop accepting new applications if they're full on a demographic rather than booting existing ones), but for small single-purpose sites like this, they might well not want any of a particular demographic.