Survey companies that chain surveys on Survey Junkie

kepstein8888

These are the survey companies that offer you one survey, disqualify you, then offer you other surveys on their platform without returning you to the Survey Junkie site.

The bad thing about them is that for each time they "offer" you another survey on their platform without returning you to the Survey Junkie site, they are cheating you out of the 2-3 points you are supposed to be getting from Survey Junkie.  So if they offer you 10 surveys--none of which you qualify for--then you've lost 10x3=30 points, i.e. the same as you might have received for completing 1 legit survey.

I've started to jot them down.  The first one I've noted is research now.  Watch for them in the URL window as you're filling out surveys.  I'll post more as I come across them.

It's not just SurveyJunkie though (Never used SJ myself but have seen this).

I call it a portal within a portal. Survey company (portal) has an available survey, you click it, it goes through a survey portal to said survey (platform).

Survey complete - Survey platform redirects you back to the portal which then redirects you back to the survey site you used to take the survey and you get credited.

Whereas sometimes, in 1% of times if survey is DQ'd, the portal, instead of redirecting you back to main survey site, it tries to find another survey, yet due to tracking codes and stuff, even if you complete the survey it doesn't credit. Normally it's well known what platforms do this (the minority) as the page you get directed back to is a long page with lots of qualifying questions.

GTM surveys on SB ("20 mins for 80SB" that you can click 3 times each day before it vanishes until the next day) does this in a way with bad tracking.

If you complete the survey, it asks to give survey ratings. After ratings are given you get credited the 80SB. Often rather than take you back to SB, it will try and find another survey. Of which, if you take it and complete it then you won't be credited.

This is because of tracking (SB survey listing is "20 mins for 80SB". 80SB was awarded, therefore session done). You have to close whatever survey it tries giving you after and click the link on SB again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kepstein, that is precisely why I stopped doing surveys for Survey Junkie. The only good thing I can say about them is they give your your Pay Pal money rather quickly. Almost in minutes. But they're way too much work for the money you get. After being redirected over and over again, I just stopped doing them. I was spending 80% of my survey taking time on the 20% bad survey companies who play this redirect racket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

And Survey Junkie doesn’t care, which makes no sense. I thought they got their money from each survey they post, so if a company has never-ending surveys, doesn’t that mean they are being ripped off? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the industry term for what you are describing is "a survey roulette". A very detestable strategy to string a panelist along. I've complained to Survey Junkie support about this and they don't reply. I think this okay for a survey panel to do, IF they inform you upfront, like branded

• Like 1