Opinion Bar websurvey

footfree

Okay tried to do one this morning and it ask me my age.My age bracket isn't listed.It goes 45-54 then jumps to 65 to 70- hmm does this mean they dont want this age group?Or did someone screw up?Since I'm closer to 54 I choose that age bracket.

54 minutes ago, footfree said:

Okay tried to do one this morning and it ask me my age.My age bracket isn't listed.It goes 45-54 then jumps to 65 to 70- hmm does this mean they dont want this age group?Or did someone screw up?Since I'm closer to 54 I choose that age bracket.

I've had that before I also choose the closer age group

• Like 1

Just be warned, if selecting an age that isn't your actual age as saved in the original survey panels data, then it could lead to your account being flagged and getting banned for breach of terms.

Personally, if your age isn't listed, I wouldn't risk it and would just close off that survey.

• Like 1

I wish they would make their site accessible for mobile devices. I don’t use a pc, just a smartphone and tablet.  I can only do a very few of their surveys on a mobile device.  I keep emailing them asking when they will make their surveys compatible with mobile devices, but I never get a reply

• Like 1

10 hours ago, natofborg said:

I wish they would make their site accessible for mobile devices. I don’t use a pc, just a smartphone and tablet.  I can only do a very few of their surveys on a mobile device.  I keep emailing them asking when they will make their surveys compatible with mobile devices, but I never get a reply

Probably as a lot of survey sites are portals where you do surveys on other platforms. These platforms can often use various coding and flash animations which are not compatible with phones or tablets.

From what I recall, Opinionbar surveys I have taken have often featured video ad's or clips which would be flash that doesn't widely work with mobile devices.

14 hours ago, natofborg said:

I have the same problem with a few survey sites. What I don't understand is that sometimes I can use my tablet and other times I can't, even when it says no mobile devices. I still think laptops are mobile, if mobile means you can carry them with you. So why not a tablet?

4 hours ago, Kcnavy313 said:

I have the same problem with a few survey sites. What I don't understand is that sometimes I can use my tablet and other times I can't, even when it says no mobile devices. I still think laptops are mobile, if mobile means you can carry them with you. So why not a tablet?

"Mobile" in general doesn't mean a laptop because it's portable. "Mobile devices" even in general society is well known as tablet or mobile. The term originates from "mobile phone" and tablets are "mobile" devices because you can put sim cards in them and use them like a phone.

Calling any computing device mobile because it can be carried around would cause too much confusion as too many devices can come under "mobile" if it was interpreted in this way (Laptops, netbooks, chromebooks, handheld games consoles).

Like I said in my comment, overall it comes down to phone/tablets not supporting flash, of which many surveys use that for video and sound. Aside from that, some surveys have multiple checkboxes which can be hard to navigate on mobile devices, so the survey host would rather not allow mobile users to do that survey as quality control wont be there (if user is having problems navigating on their device)

20 hours ago, samp28 said:

"Mobile" in general doesn't mean a laptop because it's portable. "Mobile devices" even in general society is well known as tablet or mobile. The term originates from "mobile phone" and tablets are "mobile" devices because you can put sim cards in them and use them like a phone.

Calling any computing device mobile because it can be carried around would cause too much confusion as too many devices can come under "mobile" if it was interpreted in this way (Laptops, netbooks, chromebooks, handheld games consoles).

Like I said in my comment, overall it comes down to phone/tablets not supporting flash, of which many surveys use that for video and sound. Aside from that, some surveys have multiple checkboxes which can be hard to navigate on mobile devices, so the survey host would rather not allow mobile users to do that survey as quality control wont be there (if user is having problems navigating on their device)t

Thanks for taking the time to explain that, I have a better understanding why some devices can do certain surveys and some can't. I'm not very tech savvy aside from social media and that's not saying much, lol. But I do appreciate when people take time to explain things to me and not at me. Thanks again.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:25 PM, natofborg said:

I get a few surveys from them that once you click them they say for mobile phones only.

You are welcome KC. It's just a shame survey companies don't have detection scripting on their main sites. It would be so much easier to see a list of surveys specifically for mobile devices and those specifically for computers. Rather than clicking on them and only finding out after