One Opinion will not let me log in

NFriday

I usually stay logged in to One Opinion, but when I pulled up a link to a survey I got, I got a page asking me to sign up for One Opinion, and when I tried to sign in, it told me that they did not have that email in their system.  In other words I don't have an account there.  Has anybody else had that problem?  I have not gotten an survey from them for at least a week.

I just spoke to Emily and asked why I could not log in, and she asked for my email, and then told me that I do not have a valid account with them, and she will ask customer support to look into this and get back to me.  Has anybody had any luck calling the 1-800 number.  I have $131 in my account right now, and I don't want to lose it.  One Opinion was my best survey company by far until this happened.

One Opinion has gotten back to me, and it turns out that there may have been some activity that occurred on my account that violated their terms of service.  I told them that I used the same computer to do all of my surveys, and only had one account, and that I have $131 in my account that I want to be able to cash out,  I hope I get this solved soon.

Well apparently I have done something to violate their terms of service, and I am not allowed to take any more surveys.  They will mail me a visa gift card for the points I currently have on my account.  Has anybody had this overturned?  Would it help if I called the 1-800 number?  One Opinion was by far my best survey company, and I don't want to lose them.  I wish I knew what I did to violate their terms of service.

2 minutes ago, NFriday said:

Well apparently I have done something to violate their terms of service, and I am not allowed to take any more surveys.  They will mail me a visa gift card for the points I currently have on my account.  Has anybody had this overturned?  Would it help if I called the 1-800 number?  One Opinion was by far my best survey company, and I don't want to lose them.  I wish I knew what I did to violate their terms of service

Maybe you made to much

It took me 10 months to make that much because I have awful demographics.  I should not have waited so long to cash out.  I would rather have the Amazon GC.

I called up the 1-800 number yesterday, and they asked for my phone number and email account, and somebody will get back to me in 1-2 business days, which means not until Wednesday or Thursday because of Christmas.  At least they are offering to let me cash out.  There is no way I violated their terms of service.  This is the first time I have even contacted customer service, and I give truthful answers and I use the same computer all the time for the surveys and I don't use a proxy.  I wish they could have told me over the phone yesterday why they were dropping me.

In the first email I got from them after I dealt with Emily, they said I violated their terms of service, and if I wanted them to they would look into it  to see if they made a mistake.  I said yes I wanted them to look into it, and that I had $131 in my account I did not want to lose.  They got back to me 15 minutes later, and told me again that I violated their terms of service, and if I gave them my physical address, they would send me a visa gift card.  They never told me what I did wrong.

1 hour ago, NFriday said:

I called up the 1-800 number yesterday, and they asked for my phone number and email account, and somebody will get back to me in 1-2 business days, which means not until Wednesday or Thursday because of Christmas.  At least they are offering to let me cash out.  There is no way I violated their terms of service.  This is the first time I have even contacted customer service, and I give truthful answers and I use the same computer all the time for the surveys and I don't use a proxy.  I wish they could have told me over the phone yesterday why they were dropping me.

In the first email I got from them after I dealt with Emily, they said I violated their terms of service, and if I wanted them to they would look into it  to see if they made a mistake.  I said yes I wanted them to look into it, and that I had $131 in my account I did not want to lose.  They got back to me 15 minutes later, and told me again that I violated their terms of service, and if I gave them my physical address, they would send me a Visa gift card.  They never told me what I did wrong.

Sorry that is happening to you as much as I like One Opinion I can't say I trust any sites as soon as I can I always says out.

• Like 1

Have you read their terms and conditions to see what their list of offensives are?Personally I would like to read that to see what I may be up against.Yeah I'm sure it's a over sight on their end.But like Peach said I would would cash out at the first opportunity, you never know when a company will go belly up and not pay you.

Almost certainly an oversight, but sites like that have very little incentive to care about that sort of thing. I've been banned from several sites after using them for years, with a vague "you broke some rule or lied about something, and we can't tell you what because our rules are proprietary" message. I always try to appeal, ask them to look into it, they always say they will, then that's the last I hear from them. At least you got to cash out! Usually you don't, which is why you should never leave more than the minimum cashout in any site for any reason. Well, other than on sites where the minimum cashout is at a way worse ratio than if you wait, in which case, at the very least, you should cash out as soon as you get to the better cashout threshold. But One Opinion doesn't have anything like that, so I dunno why you wouldn't cash out right at $25. I'm honestly pretty surprised they were willing to send you the money you earned: sites all reserve the right - and most take advantage of that right - to cancel your account at any time for any reason, and make you forfeit any rewards you haven't already redeemed.

• Like 1

I rejoined this site after being gone for a few years.  I used to cash out about every 3 months before, and now, it will be 3 years before I can cashout, if then.  I think I am done with these guys, again, before I spend too much time answering trip-up questions and then get dq'd after answering most of a survey.  I did really well with these guys before and they were a favorite of mine, now, not at all. Sorry you all are having issues, I think I need to dump and run before I lose too much money. 

• Like 1

Since changing from the old XP system to the new Windows 10 system , I have been doing a lot better. Before , I was lucky to cash out twice a year. Since the beginning of October , I have cashed out twice and am nearing cashing out again. 

One Opinion was supposed to get back to me in 1-2 business days when I called them up over a week ago.  I gave them both my phone number and my email address,  They never got back to me.  I don't know why the customer service person I talked to could not just tell me why my account was closed.  They never got back to me, and so I just called up the 1-800 number again, and I again gave them my phone number and email address.  The person said somebody will get back to me sometime tomorrow.  I also told her that I had $131 in my account, and they told me I could get a visa gift card if I gave them my mailing address.  I just asked this person if I could get an Amazon gift card instead..

I gave both of my sisters an Amazon GC for Christmas.  They did not give me their list until three days before Christmas.  I could not use any of my Amazon GC though to purchase more gift cards though.  Amazon also emailed me that they could not deliver one of the gift cards either, even though I gave them the correct email address. I just called the sister that did not get the GC, and she is going to check and see what is going on, and see if she did get it after all.  She does not check her email account that often.

I just got an email from One Opinion, and they said the reason they closed my account was because one of their clients said some of my answers given in the surveys were not valid,  and this decision is irreversible.  They did not mention about getting the Amazon GC.  I guess I will have to go through Emily again, and give them my physical mailing address so they can send me a visa GC.  I don't understand why they did not like some of my answers.  This occurred just a few days after I got the vaccine survey that told me after 15 minutes of doing the survey that I did not qualify for it.  I just emailed CS at One Opinion and gave them my physical mailing address so hopefully they will send me the Visa card.  I did say I would prefer an Amazon GC, but beggars can not be choosy.  This was by far my best survey site.  I have only gotten one survey in the last two weeks from YouGov, and I just tried to do seven surveys on mysurvey, and I was only eligible for one.  I might get desperate enough to sign up for Opinion Outpost and Tellwut.  I get very few surveys from valued opinion and any of the other survey companies I am signed up with.