Crowdology and Panel Champ Issues

dazedandlost

So bummed. Out of nowhere about two weeks ago, when I tried to log into the panels I'm a part of, I got sent to a weird 404 page. I contacted support, and they finally got back to tell me I'm banned for failing quality assurance checks - which, what? I've always been careful about answering each question. (even the tedious ones) I've been with these guys for years, so this really has me thrown.

Anyone else experience this? :(

I haven't checked lately but I had belonged for years and have never cashed out.  That is ridiculous.  They can ban me, it really won't matter.  I can't qualify for anything anyway.  so sorry you go banned, sounds like they might have been looking for a reason and couldn't find one. 

Exactly the same for me (Loyal member since 2015). Firstly check my post about this, I also had this problem:

It's nothing short of vile behaviour by Cint and needs investigating.

I had done nothing wrong and even Crowdology support team confirmed this to me. All my Cint panel accounts were banned and after emailing Cint direct every few weeks since September, the response was the same about them investigating.

My last email to them was in December saying I would be reporting them to trading standards unless at least my balance owed was paid and they didn't even respond.

Don't even waste your time trying to get them to re-open your accounts as they won't do it at all. It will be be the same response every time of how they are investigating. Until you get fed up and stop contacting them.

Personally I think (and now hope) they are having financial difficulties and had taken the choice to delete lots of accounts at random, in order to get out of paying outstanding balances people have on their accounts

Man... it's nice to know it wasn't just me that got hit by this out of nowhere, but it's still sad to read. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

I emailed Cint again begging them to investigate further (don't even care if I lose the money I'd yet to cash out, just want my account back), but after reading through that post by samp28, I doubt anything will come of it :( I loved being a part of these panels. It was so convenient that you could just take the surveys via email without having to log in to the site itself. Years of loyalty down the drain.

Yeah it's a real shame and feel that pain.

It was nice seeing an email and being able to take it direct. With Crowdology, they are part owned by Morar-research that are paid by the BBC to get answers from people for the gameshow 'pointless'. Those surveys were fun to take as they were more like quizzes.

There does seem to be a lot of people stung with bans for no reason: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/crowdology.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse and abort All cint and subsidiaries surveys when and wherever they come up. I was lucky to not have much in them before their unethical behavior became apparent.

1 hour ago, schludermann said:

I refuse and abort All cint and subsidiaries surveys when and wherever they come up. I was lucky to not have much in them before their unethical behavior became apparent.

I have not been able to do a survey with them in awhile until yesterday  it was a political one it took 45 minutes for 2.00 as soon as I completed it and hit submit said I did not qualify I did contact them but will probably not hear back   I am done with them

What the heck today. I just had an email from Crowdology:

"Unfortunately this account has been blocked again by our systems due to fraudulent activity. You have been banned from participating further in Crowdology due to a breach of the Terms of Use and the Cint Panelist Terms."

It's been blocked "again" ? What the heck are they even on about? The last I heard direct from Crowdology was a few weeks after my Cint accounts were suspended for no reason back in September. 

At that time Crowdology told me they investigated and it was a false flag as I hadn't breached t and c's. They also said they were getting Cint to reopen my account. Never heard from Crowdology again. 

Now 4 months later I have "again" breached the terms even though my accounts have remained suspended all that time?

Is there no logic with this company? Long term loyal and always honest member for many years suddenly decides to breach the t and c's knowing their accounts would be banned?

• Like 2

They waited four months to somehow double ban you when you're already banned. Amazing.

I can't even imagine how infuriating it must have been to get that email months later when, at least in your case, they outright admitted the initial suspension was from a false flag.

Well I've just now got that email about t & c after months of hearing absolutely nothing. It's ridiculous. I know exactly why it happened though. I had absolutely no problems at all right up until I requested a big payout in one go. I had £40 in my account and requested one payout just to see if it worked (I didn't even trust them to pay me anything tbh) and it did. It was only when I then requested the rest of it all in one go that the problem started. I think you're right, they are trying to get out of paying people money. An awful lot of the complaints of being banned are by people who had a lot in their account or had requested a big payout. To be honest I'm not sure what else to do apart from sending them a nasty email accusing them of stealing. Would trading standards be able to do anything? They really are truly utter scum.

• Like 1

It just shows how useless their systems are with admitting I did nothing wrong and now this. I guess previously I was "suspended", that they have upgraded to "banned" for breaching t and c's that I couldn't have done because accounts were suspended :4_joy::4_joy::4_joy:.

DWF - Not too sure about trading standards although it's worth a try as someone along the lines it's theft and deceit.

Clients would pay Crowdology money to find people to take surveys they need opinions on, who match their set demographics. Crowdology take a big cut and the panellist gets the rest of that money.

If a panellist breaches terms by giving garbage made up answers or "blind clicking", the client will demand a refund. They get their money back and the user is likely banned, which is fair enough as it could also damage the Crowdology brand and stop clients returning.

If it's like with us, banned for no actual reason, Crowdology are quids in taking the whole cut from clients. It's bad business practice and unless they can give a very good reason with proof for banning people, if trading standards were to investigate then they could be in trouble.

I think for starters try and make a formal complaint with them. State you want it investigated as a complaint. If they ignore this or do not resolve it with a fair outcome, report it to trading standards

I had an invitation to participate in a Panel Champ survey and they could not implement that from the link they sent. I contacted support and they sent back a nastygram that they will resend the survey when they want to.  So you can add incompetence and poor demeanor to unethical behavior.