Tango changing format- cash out now

footfree

Tango Card just sent me a email saying I needed to cash out.They said that they would suggest I spend it now.They are transitioning to a new format. 

You will not lose your value! However, please note, if you do not redeem your account balance before 1/31/2019 you will either need to redeem your original Tango Cards individually or contact us to redeem your account balance in total.

So in order that I don't have to contact them to get my funds I should do it now.I mean if they are just going to change their format I dont get it.Oh well guess I will cash out just to avoid any headaches.

I wonder if we have already seen the change which is they don't allow you to combine the cards anymore. I guess they will make you do them individually after 1/31 (although it said to contact them do redeem in total so...) It's probably just easier to do it now. 

10 hours ago, nj07208 said:

I wonder if we have already seen the change which is they don't allow you to combine the cards anymore. I guess they will make you do them individually after 1/31 (although it said to contact them do redeem in total so...) It's probably just easier to do it now. 

Ya it does make you wonder.Last time I tried to put in $3.00 I couldn't .I don't know I guess they didn't want to hold on to peoples money like a bank. I liked rounding up to a certain amount like 10-15- preferably 25 before I cashed out.Oh well it is what it is.I got my funds within minutes so we are now squared away.

Only had $2, which has been in my Tango for I'm thinking a couple years! Rarely do anything to get the Tango. Two dollars wasn't enough for any gift cards, so I "generously" donated to Special Olympics. Jeez, I do feel like such a cheapskate now.

Have to remember to deduct my "generosity" on next years' tax return. :lol:

• Like 1