Points for a chance to win- do you enter

footfree

Just got a email from Ipsos saying I could win a trip for 200 points.It got me thinking about how many of those they send me and my chances of winning.I'm sorry but I am not about to do surveys for free and if I entered every contest they sent me I would feel like a fool.I don't know anyone who has ever won-  (mainly people here) .I play the lottery in my state and that is about as risky as I get.How many have you entered?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, footfree said:

Just got a email from Ipsos saying I could win a trip for 200 points.It got me thinking about how many of those they send me and my chances of winning.I'm sorry but I am not about to do surveys for free and if I entered every contest they sent me I would feel like a fool.I don't know anyone who has ever won-  (mainly people here) .I play the lottery in my state and that is about as risky as I get.How many have you entered?

Not me  the lottery for me also that's it for my gambling

• Like 1

Nope, never have/never will burn my hard-earned points (pocket change) for a "chance" to maybe (not) win something. Despite where I live, I'm not much of a gambler...don't tolerate losing very well. :-(

• Like 1

I used to do surveys for the Kellogg School of management at Northwestern University, and for those you were entered in a drawing, but it was one of those where you get a 1 in 25 chance of winning an Amazon GC, and so if you do enough surveys you win eventually, and I won a $25 GC from Amazon once.  There surveys were not that difficult.  I should start doing them again.  I was burned out from doing surveys for awhile and I quit doing them, and so they quit sending me surveys.  I was also on the panel for something and I can't remember what, and they gave away x number of gift cards every month.  It might have been Albertson's, and I won a gift card one month from them.  The only time I buy a lottery ticket is for the powerball or mega million when the prize is $500 million or something like that.  I bought several a few months ago before somebody finally won.

I don't purposely enter those drawings, meaning I'll never do a survey that only pays in entries or redeem my points for entries.  And while I'm HIGHLY skeptical most of the sweeps that we're supposedly being entered into when we screen out even exist (looking directly at you, GTM and MySurvey), I did actually win $100 from one through SurveySavvy a few years back.

I do enter regular sweeps/contests (not survey related) as a side hobby and have won some cash and a few trips over the years so it would be pretty dumb on my part to waste 20 minutes of my time filling out a survey for an entry vs. 20 seconds to fill out an entry form.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NFriday said:

I used to do surveys for the Kellogg School of management at Northwestern University, and for those you were entered in a drawing, but it was one of those where you get a 1 in 25 chance of winning an Amazon GC, and so if you do enough surveys you win eventually, and I won a $25 GC from Amazon once.  There surveys were not that difficult.  I should start doing them again.  I was burned out from doing surveys for awhile and I quit doing them, and so they quit sending me surveys.  I was also on the panel for something and I can't remember what, and they gave away x number of gift cards every month.  It might have been Albertson's, and I won a gift card one month from them.  The only time I buy a lottery ticket is for the powerball or mega million when the prize is $500 million or something like that.  I bought several a few months ago before somebody finally won.

Personally I prefer State run lottery games odds are lower but even then.I mean I won $500 once years ago but I'm sure I paid more into it then I ever won.

6 hours ago, somelady said:

Never. The only thing I'll enter points for contests is coke rewards, they cost cost me time or information.

I use to do those but after they stopped giving real rewards I stopped.Actually I didn't know they were still doing that.I mean the last time I logged on to my account  was probably 2 years ago.I miss the free movie tickets- those were my favorite.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 4:28 PM, footfree said:

I use to do those but after they stopped giving real rewards I stopped.Actually I didn't know they were still doing that.I mean the last time I logged on to my account  was probably 2 years ago.I miss the free movie tickets- those were my favorite.

I don't exactly know what they are doing now but occasionally I get an email to enter for something interesting.  I keep a notepad with unused codes. I used to enter them on the site but found out they expire.

• 3 weeks later...