Consumer Opinion Institute = VIP Points?

Peaches1946

Anyone out there encounter this situation?  I tried signing up for Consumer Opinion today(described as similar to Pinecone, you gov and Branded Surveys of which I am a satisfied member) .  In the process, I was  zipped over to something called VIP Points.  Went ahead and filled out the basics, got a verification email, and did my first survey.  Now I find that the rewards aren't cash or gift cards or any of the things I normally pursue.  Instead it's a point system whereby you bid on auctions and enter sweepstakes.  I tried a second time and ended up at VIP again.  Thinking I should bail but thought I'd get other opinions first.

I bailed out of this site years ago.  I accumulated points and NEVER got anything for them.  I found out only after doing quite a few surveys that it was a point system and got out as fast as I could.

Hi zesdad ~ Thanks for the info.  I usually trust my initial gut feelings about new sites but sometimes just need another viewpoint before I jump in....or as in this case....out!   I think you've just saved a lot of my time from being wasted.   Thanks again.  

I used to belong to VIP Points, and yes you do just get points, but it is possible to win something.  The problem is most of the prizes they give away are tickets to the movies, free magazine subscription, and other items I am not interested in.  They give away tons of those types of prizes, but the really good ones like nice trips or 48" smart TVs are only given out one at a time, and so they will have 50 free magazine subscriptions, but only one tv being given out per day, and everybody puts their points towards the tv.  The surveys are not that hard to do, and they usually ask you where you have shopped in the past week.

I never got DQ by them for a survey, but occasionally I would get one of their surveys through One Opinion, and for some reason I would always get DQ for the survey.

• 2 weeks later...