Do health insurance companies give out surveys through panels?

gothicnaturefreak

I just got a survey through mypoints, it was supposedly from the same health insurance company I have. It said they wanted to hear feedback from members, it asked for my name, member number, and email address. And after submitting it ended. Which is weird cause I thought I was going to be answering questions. I got credited points. But I can't help but wonder if I just made a mistake. I was reluctant to give that info at first but decided to try going for it. I wouldn't think a trusted site would let any fraudulent type of surveys go through but you never know. Who knows how far they screen stuff or if they even really check. I'm thinking of contacting my health insurance just to be sure, I already sent a message to mypoints so now I'm waiting for them to reply. 

I would think if your health insurance company wanted feedback from their members, they would email you directly.  It's odd for a survey to want your real membership number.

I did a market research thing last April for Humana Part D drug plan.  They were looking for people who had that drug plan, but they did not ask to see my membership card before they paid me my money.  I think maybe I did have to show them my drivers license though.  I also did a study once for Liberty Mutual and they did not ask for my policy number.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 2:07 AM, gothicnaturefreak said:

I just got a survey through mypoints, it was supposedly from the same health insurance company I have. It said they wanted to hear feedback from members, it asked for my name, member number, and email address. And after submitting it ended. Which is weird cause I thought I was going to be answering questions. I got credited points. But I can't help but wonder if I just made a mistake. I was reluctant to give that info at first but decided to try going for it. I wouldn't think a trusted site would let any fraudulent type of surveys go through but you never know. Who knows how far they screen stuff or if they even really check. I'm thinking of contacting my health insurance just to be sure, I already sent a message to mypoints so now I'm waiting for them to reply. 

It's hard to say. They may be looking to see how many people do have their insurance but it is strange that they didn't ask questions. Since you did get points then mypoints thought it was legit. If it wasn't then I would thing you would be getting all kinds of Spam by now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I emailed my health insurance company. The customer service agent didn't know anything about it but they said that doesn't mean they don't do surveys through third parties. They said they would investigate and get back to me, but that was over a month ago and I haven't heard back. Also since then I've come across the exact same survey at least 2 other times being routed through yoursurveys. I could have had some good incentives but I felt weird about answering the same survey multiple times even if I qualified. So I just backed out. *shrugs*