Nielsen Mobile app

BobG

Hi Guys

Have just joined SurveyPolice due to concern about installing this app.

Whilst it was given a glowing report, most comments/replies bagged it big time. Can anyone truly advise if it's safe or does it take control of things behind the scene.

There are reviews here https://www.surveypolice.com/nielsen-mobile

A tracking app is always 'risky'... not just power sucking, or interfering with other apps, but although they say they do not ... listen to call or read your message or logging your passwords etc... they do not deny (in some t&c I read over the years forgot exactly by whom) that getting sensitive info may be possible. So, I would not do banking or paypal... on the same device, just to be sure.

Anyway, Nielsen app rewards seemed quite poor...I thought, what you get in return for your data is not very clear... what is on their catalogue... and it appears it's less than £2 / $2 per month per device in my calculation. Nielsen is however a large well known company.

• 2 months later...

Nielsen "upgraded" their points system last november and I stopped accumulating any points. I remove and reinstall the iPhone app and no change. Contacting support is a waste of time. They only respond by copy/pasting the samed canned reply over and over.  A serious decline in competence and quality of support. Get out with your points if you can.

I tried Nielsen for a while, and had it installed on my tablet (I only play games on that thing so they can have that data!). No idea if I have any points, but the payout is bad anyway. I had better luck with Mobile Xpression; I earned £40 with that installed on my phone (until they stopped crediting points to my account, probably because I turned it off when I wanted to turn my VPN on! :lol:). These apps seem good if you want money for LITERALLY nothing, but they do pose security risks.

• 1 year later...