Best sites to earn cash

Mb124

Ahhh, okay. I wasn't considering super short surveys that when you do the math the per hour money comes out pretty high. I get and do those, of course.

But I have to agree with nj07208. If I limited myself to only those surveys, or the occasional focus group and such, I'd be making a fraction of what I do now. Each day, I start with the better paying sites/surveys, then work my way down the ladder as the day goes on until all that's left are the crappy ones. Then if I have the interest and energy, I finish off with the cheap paying ones.

Of course, it all depends on a person's situation. I'm retired, so I have ample time most days to grovel for pennies. :lol: And it usually beats cleaning the bathroom! :91_thumbsup:

NevadaJones, just curious....don't you get frusterated when you put time and effort into those "longer surveys" and then end up DQing in the middle or not given the promised incentive at the end? I was once like you and attempted those longer 15 min+ surveys, but got tired of being DQd midway, and sometimes it freezing up at the end and not getting ny points.

However, I do rarely attempt the longer surveys when a very reputable company offers their own and not redirect you to Cint or Sampleicious. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

NevadaJones, just curious....don't you get frusterated when you put time and effort into those "longer surveys" and then end up DQing in the middle or not given the promised incentive at the end? I was once like you and attempted those longer 15 min+ surveys, but got tired of being DQd midway, and sometimes it freezing up at the end and not getting ny points.

However, I do rarely attempt the longer surveys when a very reputable company offers their own and not redirect you to Cint or Sampleicious. 

Absolutely!

I get way more than frustrated at times! Slam my laptop shut, use a few of my favorite profanities and walk away for a bit. :sad: But TBH, those sorts of problems have happened to me only on very rare occasions so far. Of course, I've only been at this just short of a year so I guess it hasn't caught up to me yet.

Also, I tend to avoid the very longish surveys unless a "fair" amount of compensation is "promised." What irks me most is starting a survey that's estimated to take ten minutes, and it takes me closer to 25. Maybe I'm too slow, cautious, thoughtful, whatever. But that's a real irritant to me.

And I don't disagree with you about the per hour thing. I just try not to think much about it. Don't want to feel like I could make more per hour trolling the Walmart parking lot and scooping up dropped change. :lol: Just that I don't come across/qualify for most of the better paying surveys. :92_thumbsdown:

On 5/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, Njsurveyman said:

Yes, there are companies that pay decent for very little of your time. 1Q app pays 25-50 cents instantly to paypal for literally taking a 15 second poll. I have made a decent $2-$4 taking a 5 min survey on the Surveys On The Go app. Pinecone averages about $3 pay for 5-6 min survey. I have also made at least 50 cents at times for taking a 1 min survey on Mechanical Turk and Prolific. Therefore, yes, I tend to only stick with companies that seem to value me and pay me more fairly for my time. Companies that outsource to Cint or Sampalicious are garbage in my opinion.

Hi, 1Q app gives you 25 cents to answer a question, but it's not like you can sit there and rack up dollars, you get 1 question and maybe another in a couple days. Prolific also has few surveys at a time, days with none. Unless my experience is unique?

1 hour ago, jaswar said:

Hi, 1Q app gives you 25 cents to answer a question, but it's not like you can sit there and rack up dollars, you get 1 question and maybe another in a couple days. Prolific also has few surveys at a time, days with none. Unless my experience is unique?

No, your experience is not unique. I agree with NJSurveyman when he points out sites like Pinecone or Prolific. If Pinecone sent 10 surveys a day, that would be amazing! If Prolific surveys paid more than $.31 every few days (or whatever vague amount) that would be great! If we could all get $100 focus groups once a week, that would be great! The reality however is the opposite. You have to do what works for you.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, nj07208 said:

No, your experience is not unique. I agree with NJSurveyman when he points out sites like Pinecone or Prolific. If Pinecone sent 10 surveys a day, that would be amazing! If Prolific surveys paid more than $.31 every few days (or whatever vague amount) that would be great! If we could all get $100 focus groups once a week, that would be great! The reality however is the opposite. You have to do what works for you.

Yeah, haven't seen anything from 1Q, SurveysOnTheGo or Prolific in a couple days. CuriousCat, PollPay and SurveyJunkie, yes very low pay, but it's something. Maybe you need to be in just the right demographic? Or have something else to earn with while waiting...

How about Streetbees? I find that pays well; I did a 'Sleep Log' a while ago, where I basically said how well I had slept and I got about £5 per night for 3 days. Only took me 5 mins per survey. Oh, and their customer service is very good too. Their surveys are infrequent, but pay well (e.g. get £1 if you take a photo of what you are eating and say why you are eating it etc.)

• Like 1

@hwg3141

surveys are infrequent, but pay well

Yes, that is the pattern, good paying surveys come occasionally, small paying ones come often. CuriousCat, PollPay and SurveyJunkie have been slow lately, but Qmee has 'filled the gap' nicely.

( It's not like I'm spending quality time doing these, this is otherwise wasted time waiting for and riding the bus, sitting in waiting rooms, waiting in lines, etc... )

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, Njsurveyman said:

I checked out Curious Cat and it seems very similar to Branded Surveys. They have a handful of surveys available that are outsourced to other sites like Simpalicious (howevever you spell it) and I DQ 99% of the time. Not as impressive as Prolific. I prefer sites that offer their own surveys that hardly ever DQ you.

I dont think I set the bar too high. I have done focus groups that pay at least $100/hr for my opinion, therefore giving a company my opinion on a 20 minute survey for less than $5 is just crazy. But the fact many folks do it is why these companies dont pay more. The only way to get these companies to pay fairly for our survey taking time, is to avoid these low paying surveys. 

WOW. I thought I had high standards for survey incentives. I'm a 13yr veteran of survey panels and many ppl who used to post on here quit surveys yrs ago bcoz of the ridiculous incentives. When I started surveys, ALL panels paid 10cents pr min or above and I was making $80-$120 pr mnth, during holidays I would make $200-260 pr mnth. About 8 yrs ago panel started slowly reducing incentives and I've had to lower my standards to 7cents pr min. Pinecone surveys have NEVER been 5-6 mins, EVER. They are always 15-20mins, I've been with them almost 12yrs now. Right now I only get 3-4 surveys pr mnth but I usually get 2-4 pr wk.

What bugs me is "some ppl" rate panels high bcoz how fast they pay and how often they do surveys, but are ALWAYS the panels that pay less than 5cents pr min, ugh. INCENTIVE is the MOST important aspect of a panel. I don't care how long they take to pay, just pay me. I'm a member of Cint and will stay with them as they offer many surveys that pay 10cents pr min or more. I'm quitting GTM(lifepoints)  when I reach another $10. Most of their surveys have dropped below 7cents prmin now and the only reason I'm still with them is for the 2pnt dq 5x a day, been with them for 10yrs now. I'm with  tech republic that pays $2 for a 7-10min survey and $1 for 2min polls but only get 1-2 invites pr mnth and pay automatically $10 amazon code when you reach 10pts and a lawfirm panel that pays $8 pr 20-25min survey but they only  send invites 4-5 times pr yr. Thanx NJsurveyman for the panels. I may try them out. I don't phone app panels coz I don't want to use my data for surveys(prepaid phone). I'll just have to make sure I use wifi to do them.

BTW, the main reason incentives are so low is, the number of survey panels has tripled if not more since 2010 sharing the exact same surveys therefore lower incentives(more overhead) by mellinials  which many used those go fund me startup companies to start their own business so they wouldn't have to get loans, spend their own money to start an online research company. Smart way to start a new panel but we, the panelists suffer for it.

Another way of earning money through surveys is through referring people (don't worry, I know I'm not supposed to share referral codes here so I'm not going to). With PollPay, I have referred over 100 people, and I get 15% of each of their earnings. I have earnt about $15 this way, and this is how I primarily use this app (I do surveys on other apps mostly). I just post my code where I can and let the money come in!

On 5/17/2019 at 7:42 AM, hwg3141 said:

Another way of earning money through surveys is through referring people (don't worry, I know I'm not supposed to share referral codes here so I'm not going to). With PollPay, I have referred over 100 people, and I get 15% of each of their earnings. I have earnt about $15 this way, and this is how I primarily use this app (I do surveys on other apps mostly). I just post my code where I can and let the money come in!

Yeah, the bad thing about referral links, the more ppl who signup to a panel, the LESS CHANCE you have at getting higher incentive surveys. Don't ya just hate it when you get an invite with a high incentive, clk on it only to get "this survey is closed". See in the long run people are screwing themselves by sharing referral links. The fewer panelist on a survey website, the higher the chances of getting good paying surveys. I've been preaching this for years now but nobody seems to listen.

• 4 weeks later...